Album Artwork - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Album Artwork

Hi,

Picked up my new 108 yesterday and am loving it so far. I have my full itunes library on a 32gb usb stick and it works perfectly for playing songs and browsing by artist, album etc.. When playing a song via the USB device there is space on the left hand side which is currently just shows a picture of a USB Stick. It looks suspiciously like this this space should be used to display the album artwork/cover and I do remember the dealer mentioning something about album artwork. Has anyone managed to get this working or know how to go about it. The artwork shows ok in iTunes and I copied the whole itunes Music Library folder over onto the USB Stick. This folder contains a folder called 'Album Artwork' but it still doesn't show the artwork in the car. Music plays perfectly but would be great If I can get the artwork working too.
Also on a second note. In the settings on the touch screen there is an option to load a picture to display on the welcome screen when it starts up. Has anyone done this? It says the image is searched for on the USB. I have put pictures on mine but they are not found when I try searching for them. Instead a message come up saying something like 'images not found consult the handbook for which image types are supported' can't find any info in the handbook though.

Thanks for any help.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 12:43 PM

I get album artwork ok off my iPod without having to do anything. Never used a USB stick to do it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Managed to sort the artwork issue. I downloaded some software that cleans up the itunes library and adds all artwork to the mp3 files. Which I transfered to USB and all artwork is working showing now.
Still havn't got the welcome picture working though.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH1982 View Post
Managed to sort the artwork issue. I downloaded some software that cleans up the itunes library and adds all artwork to the mp3 files. Which I transfered to USB and all artwork is working showing now.

Which software? Glad you found a solution.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I used http://www.tuneupmedia.com. I had to pay for it but it solved my problem so didn't mind too much. Have been told you can find free software that does the same job though.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Interesting, how do you find the USB music? Is it easy to find what you want? I've used USB's in the past but it can be a pain depending on the vehicle...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I am finding it really good. I am using a 32gb stick which contains nearly 4000 songs. You can search by song, artist, album etc... very easily using the touch screen so no problem finding what your looking for and now all my artwork is displaying correctly I am loving it. Only thing I havn't been able to do is create playlists on the USB. Not sure if this is possible??
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah I am finding it really good. I am using a 32gb stick which contains nearly 4000 songs. You can search by song, artist, album etc... very easily using the touch screen so no problem finding what your looking for and now all my artwork is displaying correctly I am loving it. Only thing I havn't been able to do is create playlists on the USB. Not sure if this is possible??
You can attach the file to some mp3 song you used to be able to try it in my 108, because I did but all attempts have failed to bring up the image of the singer.
thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 02:43 AM

Thumbs down Album Covers

Quote:
Hi,

I,ve tried the some way but without any luck. Any thoughts to what I'm possible doing wrong?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 10:07 AM
LEM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Do you not have to have the artwork in the same folder as the album?

If you don't want to pay for software to clean your library up this is a good free alternative: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Also not 100% but I think the artwork needs to be 500x500 or less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page