Mirror link working, on the cheap. - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mirror link working, on the cheap.

Hey guys. So I got my Iphone 6 back today waiting to test out this idea to get the mirror link working with out spending £100 pounds at the dealer. But the idea worked. Expanding upon a previous post about the Car Video player. I decided to buy a Lightning to VGA adapter and VGA to RCA converter (it was £10 on ebay) and it worked great!, I'll try and post some photos or video over the weekend if i get a change. The image isn't that clear, but it certainly is better than nothing
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
That's great news, would love to see some pictures if you can upload those please?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123-108 View Post
That's great news, would love to see some pictures if you can upload those please?
Hi Both,

I have ordered my 108, fingers crossed it should be with me before the end of the month!!

My question is around getting mirror link (mainly for GPS) working with my iPhone 6.

would it be possible to give more info on your finds? Also, slightly off topic, do you know if there is anyway to do the old trick of grounding the handbreak wire to allow video while in motion?

Cheers,
James

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja7mz View Post
Hi Both,

I have ordered my 108, fingers crossed it should be with me before the end of the month!!

My question is around getting mirror link (mainly for GPS) working with my iPhone 6.

would it be possible to give more info on your finds? Also, slightly off topic, do you know if there is anyway to do the old trick of grounding the handbreak wire to allow video while in motion?

Cheers,
James
Hi James,

mirror link doesn't work with iphone 6.. if you want use mirror link feature you have to buy a smartphone of 2 years ago. Smart choice for a new car, true?

I hope that you didn't pay for mirror link.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Andrew said at the top that he has got it working on his iphone 6 so hopefully he can show us how to get it working on iphone 6
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
Hi James,

mirror link doesn't work with iphone 6.. if you want use mirror link feature you have to buy a smartphone of 2 years ago. Smart choice for a new car, true?

I hope that you didn't pay for mirror link.
Hi fabio,

Sorry, yes I should have worded that differently! I understand that currently they only support the iphone 4 and 4s with mirror link. What I wanted to check was the route of video out from the iphone, into the AUX port and in effect turn the touch screen into a display only (with no control features) assuming if you connect including the audio channels it would mean that you could in theory run the sat nav on the phone and view/hear it though the sound system.

I did find another post that explained that he used a lighting to vga cable and then an adaptor (yellow, red and white) to 3.5 aux jack.

When you say didnt pay for mirror link? do you mean pay for the 30 pin dock connector from peugeot?

Totally agree that this new "smart" system, really isnt! my only assumption isnt around the software - so to speak, I believe its something to do with the resoloution of the phone display vs screen display. but thats only a guess as I cant figure out why it cant be patched with software for the latest devices.

do we know any spec info on the displays/systems? apart from who makes it, I have found nothing to go from.

Last edited by Ja7mz; 12-19-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Missed part of my reply off!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Apparently a software update is coming in the new year so we'll see....

its nice to be inportant but its more inportant to be nice
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry guy's I forgot to get the pictures, Been busy with Christmas.
I'll try n do it at some point today! I also managed to get a galaxy s4 working.

My understanding is that with the Iphone 6 and the lightning to VGA converter is that the touch signals are sent over the Bluetooth while the image is just displayed on the screen via the VGA. The iphone 6 won't connect with the bluetooth off, but the iphone 4 will. The quality isn't great in comparison to the S4 and the apps aren't exactly reliable/usable. the only free Navigation app doesn't work.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
News 85 ^ Geneva Motor Show:
The function MirrorScreen is equipped with a new software version 1.1 which allows access to a large number of mobile and has a navigation application functional off-line, that is also available in case of lack of a data connection.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Ashley
Does the touch work?

I don't understand how the iPhone would know to listen on Bluetooth for touches (as far as it's concerned, it's just outputting video to a TV?)

Similarly on AV mode, how does the screen know to SEND the touches to any device?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page