Head unit removal - Peugeot 108 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Head unit removal

If anyone's interested I removed the head unit in my C1:

So Removal is pretty simple.

Photos of the HU and surrounding areas:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6mul0qbiq...zq9TH3z0a?dl=0


If you find the picture I have circled.

Pull towards you or use a pry tool to release Green first.

Then move down the side with your pry tool to release blue

Then move down the next side to release purple

RED pay close attention to as they need prying UP with a small screw driver or pry tool LAST..


Dont forget to disconnect the Brown circle to pull the part full away.



Headunit like other forums suggest is a AVH - 7148 Toyota branded. It runs on Linux.

There is a unused connector on the rear of the headunit at the bottom, I assume for rear speakers?

I have the highest spec C1 with all options selected bar Automatic gearbox.
Edd666999 is offline  
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
mde108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Out of interest, what made you decide to start dismantling your car?
mde108 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Why not dismantle your car? It's good to see what your car is about inside and out. Take the risks and see what your 108 is made of and how its put together.. Gives you more confidence in your car. Plus, the way I see it for cosmetic things you should be able to fixed them yourself!

Cheers!
Mr. Auto is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
mde108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Auto View Post
Why not dismantle your car? It's good to see what your car is about inside and out. Take the risks and see what your 108 is made of and how its put together.. Gives you more confidence in your car. Plus, the way I see it for cosmetic things you should be able to fixed them yourself!

Cheers!
Don't get it myself.

I wouldn't buy a new TV and take it home and take it apart - so why would I do that with a new car? Probably the reason why I don't hold a Nobel prize
If something breaks on it I might try to take it apart and fix it, or if I wanted to mod a specific thing like the speakers or lights.
mde108 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde108 View Post
Don't get it myself.

I wouldn't buy a new TV and take it home and take it apart - so why would I do that with a new car? Probably the reason why I don't hold a Nobel prize
If something breaks on it I might try to take it apart and fix it, or if I wanted to mod a specific thing like the speakers or lights.
It's interesting you say you wouldn't take the car apart on this thread but on another express interest in swapping springs/shocks for a suspension drop.

Any mod you buy in the future comes about from a guy taking his car to bits and wanting something different

Personally took my car apart to fit deadening, ccf and mlv to the 4doors n boot.

Also to install new speakers an amp and a small sub for the wheel well.

Every car I have ever owned has been in bits because that's the type of person I am

Not for everyone im sure! 2weeks into ownership n the seats are out haha.
Edd666999 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Senior Member
 
mde108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ha ha! True about the shocks and springs: but I won't fit then myself 😉

As I said, if you're modding the car yourself you by rights have to take the car apart.

To be fair this is quite a simple car and therefore I imagine not to difficult to work on. Other cars I've owned/own I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for fear of expensive mistakes!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
mde108 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mde108 View Post
Ha ha! True about the shocks and springs: but I won't fit then myself 😉

As I said, if you're modding the car yourself you by rights have to take the car apart.

To be fair this is quite a simple car and therefore I imagine not to difficult to work on. Other cars I've owned/own I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for fear of expensive mistakes!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Love the White btw
Edd666999 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Senior Member
 
mde108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd666999 View Post
Love the White btw

Is yours a white one too?


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
mde108 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 AM
CPC
Member
 
CPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That's pretty cool, are you planning on changing the headunit out altogether?
CPC is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mde108 View Post
Is yours a white one too?


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
mines smalt blue...and its a C1
Edd666999 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer Unit Belgarion Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 2 01-28-2015 04:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off