Peugeot 108 Car Play - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Peugeot 108 Car Play

Hey,

I've owned my 108 for just over 6 months and have only been able to connect my OLD Galaxy S3 Via mirror screen, seeing that the NEW Peugeot 208 now has car play i was wondering if anyone has managed to either put a different Head unit in a Peugeot 108 to one that is compatible with Car play or upgraded software on the unit in the car so it works with Car play? if the 208 can have car play on a pioneer screen surely it will just be a case of finding the software loaded on to it and putting it onto the 108? is it not that simple? i'm not very good with Technology but this is the only part of the car i don't like, i have an Iphone 6S+ and it's so sad that the car won't connect so i can show the maps on there. i would have paid extra for my car to have a Sat-Nav in it i just don't understand why Peugeot have put such an out of date system in such a new car. if anyone has any ideas on this whole Carplay idea it would be good to hear your thoughts

Thanks
A frustrated Iphone user.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's not that simple I'm afraid. The reason is worked with your S3 is because it's MirrorLink capable which is what is the current head unit supports. The only thing you could possibly think about doing is replacing the head unit in your 108 to a CarPlay compatible one however that's going to be a big job especially with car controls, rear camera and even the GPS. It's possible it's just going to take sometime and it's also going to cost you a big buck!

There's a massive thread here about MirrorLink (for Android phones) here, I've left a big post on that thread explaining quite a lot of stuff on it... As far as iPhones go there's a really old application you can download that will give you limited access to your phone but essentially you can't do much and may as well just stick with Bluetooth unless you're wiling to drop some big money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page