Hi - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi

Got a 108 Alure top last week, just wont to say hi and what a great car. Its 2 years old in Dec, anybody know if warranty is 2 years or 3. Thanks
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesforme View Post
Got a 108 Alure top last week, just wont to say hi and what a great car. Its 2 years old in Dec, anybody know if warranty is 2 years or 3. Thanks
Hi, Same model of 108 as my wife has.
Warranty is 3 years, but make sure the first annual service at 12 months or 18000 miles has been completed to manufacturers specification, or warranty will be invalid.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks. Its had its 1st service on 14th dec 2015 with 8000 miles, on 11000 miles now so not needed till Dec.
I normaly service my own cars twice a year, seems odd only having to do it once a year with main dealers.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Many thanks. Its had its 1st service on 14th dec 2015 with 8000 miles, on 11000 miles now so not needed till Dec.
I normaly service my own cars twice a year, seems odd only having to do it once a year with main dealers.
I used to do a mid year oil/filter change on my cars many years ago. Modern oils are so much improved that I do not bother now.
Wee tip about servicing, shop around for best price. It can be done online: http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/o...rvice-booking/
Just compare dealers in your local area. The price difference can be quite significant.

Last edited by wellfan; 09-25-2016 at 01:24 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Booked it in with my local peugeot main dealer for 10th dec online, costing £217 all in which includes pollen filter and brake fluid change.
Roll on when its 3 years old and i can service myself, might be a haynes manual for it by then. My only gripe with the car it thst it dont have a temp gauge.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Booked it in with my local peugeot main dealer for 10th dec online, costing £217 all in which includes pollen filter and brake fluid change.
Roll on when its 3 years old and i can service myself, might be a haynes manual for it by then. My only gripe with the car it thst it dont have a temp gauge.
I would be inclined to remove the pollen filter and brake fluid. Neither would impact on warranty. Pollen filter is easily removed and cleaned, no need for replacement. Just my opinion, and what I plan to do.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Just up date, had the car 6 month now and still loving it. I did not go to the main dealers in the end for its service i did it my self.
Done about 7000 miles since had it i dont think its has good on fuel has peugeot make out, i average 44mpg mine being the 1.2 engine.
I intend to change the car speakers for better ones and will be replacing the front pads and discs soon. With only 18000 miles standard discs have not stood the time, will be replacing with ebc items.
I wish there was a workshop manual for this car, can not find anything for it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:47 AM

I would have to agree about the discs. When removing winter wheels/tyres to refit summer ones last week I was amazed how poor the front discs were, badly worn and looked of very poor quality manufacture. If not selling the car I would have replaced them immediately.
I find the site, I list below, really helpful in terms of parts and how they relate to each other, helpful when working on the car.

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docapv

This link might not work, but just search for 'Peugeot service box'.
Also found the tyres were not wearing very well. I mentioned in a previous post about this. Basically my wife, a very careful and cautious driver, covered about 10,000 miles on the originals. The wheels were rotated annually so wear was minimised. I reckon the tyres have less than 5,000 miles left in them. She averaged between 48 and 50MPG.

Last edited by wellfan; 03-08-2017 at 03:52 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

That site did not work for me wellfan.Is there a service box for the 108 has can only buy a sevice box for up to 2013 on ebay.I do hope haynes bring a manual out.
Most of my driving is country 60 mph roads so average of 44 mpg i feel is very poor for the car.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
That site did not work for me wellfan.Is there a service box for the 108 has can only buy a sevice box for up to 2013 on ebay.I do hope haynes bring a manual out.
Most of my driving is country 60 mph roads so average of 44 mpg i feel is very poor for the car.
Strange, it works for me. Does the page load? If it does, go to foot of page and select English language and register.
My wife had a 30 mile round trip to work, mainly through a couple of towns, and some 60MPH roads. Then another 10 miles at work, driving to around six houses in an urban environment. So really not great for good MPG, but she did achieve the upper 40's. I would have thought your figures should be much better.

Last edited by wellfan; 03-11-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page