Peugeot 108 Any problems yet?? - Page 2 - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Auto View Post
Well that's good to know! How long did it take you to master it?

Thanks
my first was a facelift 2012 and took about 3 months to be totally happy, a software update improved things a lot, my second is a 13 plate 107 allure and that is much better than the 2012, again new software.

had 2 208 2-tronic and 1 308 2-tronic (auto) with same robitic box on loan and took about a 1/2 hour.

the new 108 has had a major update with lower 1st and 2nd gear ratios, faster changes and a proper kickdown point when you floor the throttle.

amazingly the auto 1.0 108 is noticeably faster than a manual 108
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108top! View Post
I have had 5 robotic manuals from Peugeot over the last few years, there is no transmission problem... but you learn to drive them and it does take a while to get used to.

if your heavy footed or wiggle the accelerator down it will respond back with rough gear changes and high revs. Once you learn how to use it you will be amazed how good it is....... miles better than the nasty vag dsg and asg boxes!
Is it more reliable then? I know the VAG units have had lots of issues.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
3 months does seem quit awhile to master anything lol. Not sure if I like the whole robotic gear box. But I guess it could take a shorter time to master it after understand how it works through the forum

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
My wife had a robotic gearbox before in 1007. That was older, slower system than in a 108. But like 108top! said - If you get used to it, you'll never want a manual gearbox back...

Peugeot 108 - 1.0 VTi - 50kW - White Star - 01/2015 - Lentilka - VF3PSCFBBER037223
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HELP PLEASE!!!!

I wanted to tint my windows so i took it to a local tinting place. He then noticed these spots on the window.
I got back in contact with peugeot and they claimed a new window on warranty and fitted it. I picked my car up and when i got to work i noticed these spots on the new window too. So i called them and was told (We have just put in a brand new window. So there is nothing else we can do. It must just be how the windows are on the peugeot 108).
I do not agree with this sentence at all because if this is how the windows are supposed to be on the peugeot 108 then how have they been able to say it was faulty before but this one isn't faulty? - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (75.8 KB, 10 views)
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Unhappy Fuel and mpg

I'm only getting 35 mpg out of my new car 😟 I've been driving for 30 years and have adjusted to the need to take it gently and pay attention to the shift advice. I'm a slow cautious driver. Any one else only getting this out if their car? Based on this is, it's the same fuel consumption as my old 15yr Peugeot 🙄🤔 Garage say it's averaging 68mpg but fuel put in is saying 35!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomicardiff View Post
I'm only getting 35 mpg out of my new car �� I've been driving for 30 years and have adjusted to the need to take it gently and pay attention to the shift advice. I'm a slow cautious driver. Any one else only getting this out if their car? Based on this is, it's the same fuel consumption as my old 15yr Peugeot ���� Garage say it's averaging 68mpg but fuel put in is saying 35!
You don't say which model or size engine you have but I have the 1.0ltr Active model and I get between 50-55mpg in mine depending on road conditions, how I drive etc.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
IGNORE THE SHIFT ADVICE. Just drive as you would normally do. The SHIFT INDICATOR is absolutely rubbish.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello �� And thanks for replying both. It's a 108, 1 litre engine, Active. I'm just driving around Cardiff, too and fro work at the moment. I'm a pretty slow, methodical driver. Conditions, normal, pretty flat, sometimes heavy traffic but I try and avoid rush hour. Good to hear what others are getting. I haven't been going by the screen data (trip) just by the amount of fuel I've consumed (350 miles/45) Seems a lot as so many other owners are saying how far theirs is going. At the moment, the 108 is on a par with my (15yrold) 206. Just been told to keep an eye of the dashboard by the garage...ant thoughts? Am I expecting too much around town?
Thank re the Shift indicator - it was well erratic one night!!!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomicardiff View Post
I'm only getting 35 mpg out of my new car �� I've been driving for 30 years and have adjusted to the need to take it gently and pay attention to the shift advice. I'm a slow cautious driver. Any one else only getting this out if their car? Based on this is, it's the same fuel consumption as my old 15yr Peugeot ���� Garage say it's averaging 68mpg but fuel put in is saying 35!
We have the 1.2 litre engine. I have noted in another post that we had a 1.0 litre courtesy car this week. The gear change indicator is worse than useless in the 1.0 litre car. Constantly advising me to change down a gear when cruising in fifth at 70 MPH on a flat stretch of motorway!!!
My advise would be to ignore the gear change indicator. It would have had us driving through 30 zones in third gear, when it was quite happy in fifth. We put 20 quid of fuel in the car on Monday, averaged almost 50 MPG, same as we get with the 1.2 litre.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page