Engine holding back when cold - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Engine holding back when cold

My 1.2 litre 108 does something strange when the engine is cold. When I leave work, I drive round the car park and to the end of the industrial estate I work on and queue to get on the main road. When there's a gap in traffic I pull out and accelerate up to speed. In 2nd gear, there is a lack of pull for a couple of seconds then the engine comes to life. It feels a bit like turbo lag. Once the engine has warmed up a bit it doesn't happen again.

Does yours do this? What is it? My guess would be the engine management holding a drive-by-wire throttle a bit closed for emissions. Any other ideas?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi there, just wondering if any update on the cold/damp start? Mine is a 1 litre and does the same. Cold/wet and it is slow to respond until it warms up. Can nip to the shop and back and still lagging. Also, when it is like this the heater is non existent.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 08:18 AM
LEM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Mine doesn't do this I don't think. Are you saying once yours is warmed up the 'lag' is gone?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi Lem,
It's hard to say. Usually it will just drive like that, until I leave it over night , then way-hey, next day it drives like a dream! Smooth as! It's really annoying when it does it, I want to just jam my foot down on the accelerator to make it shift (but don't, I'm a pretty cautious driver) I've tried checking the outside temperature when this happens and it's not always doing it when it's extra cold. It might be when it's damp though.
Lag to me = foot down and it's feeling like it needs a good push and a lucozade!
Dream = smooth with lots of energy
I've had lots of little random things happening with the car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page