Heater 108 - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Heater 108

Hi, just wondering if it's just my car (again!) or if I should expect the heater to be pretty weak as it's so economical?
It seems to take ages to warm up and I have to wear gloves in the car all the way to work (I know extra cold at the mo). I don't remember my old (from new 206) being so cold.
I've tried all the different options over the 3 months be had it. It's weak most of the time but every now and again it will suddenly burst in to action and I ge some hot air, mostly though it's a luke warm dream of air Seems to be a trend with my car
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I should add that I can't imagine how anyone could buy the soft top! Many of my other issues seem to be settling down but all these little things are making me start to dislike my lovely car. I had my old Peugeot 13 years and loved it. This is my 3rd car from new so I'm not inexperienced in new cars but it has been a while since the last.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Mine takes about 5 mins or so (very rough estimate there) to start blowing warm, but around maybe 15 mins to start blowing really hot. Hope this helps you.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomicardiff View Post
I should add that I can't imagine how anyone could buy the soft top! Many of my other issues seem to be settling down but all these little things are making me start to dislike my lovely car. I had my old Peugeot 13 years and loved it. This is my 3rd car from new so I'm not inexperienced in new cars but it has been a while since the last.
We have a soft top, and live in Scotland so not exactly the warmest part of the world. Our heater is as good as any car we have had. Actually better than most when it comes to defrosting the windscreen on an icy morning.
Yours is obviously faulty so get it checked. Could be an air lock in the cooling system, or even a blown head gasket! Lack of useful heat is a symptom of both of these issues. Could also be the air conditioning control that is faulty. There is definitely something wrong with your car.
Edit. Just checked with the wife again. She does say that the heat is not as intense as in some of our previous cars, but she feels it is due to the positioning of the vents. However, it is good enough, and she is never left feeling cold.

Last edited by wellfan; 01-21-2016 at 04:35 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Does take a while, I guess these cars use the heat from the engine? It seems to require the car be either run for a while or run at speed to start generating any real heat.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
To update on my previous reply. I was out in my wife's 108 TOP last night. Drove about 80 miles, outside temperature was 5 degrees. After approximately 3 miles the temperature in the car was roasting hot. Had to turn the heater down to about 75% level, or open a window slightly. The heater in this car is better than any other car in our family. We have four Vauxhall vehicles, all are inferior to this in terms of heat output. My Mokka has dual zone climate control, takes forever to get up to a decent temperature, and never gets as hot as the 108.
So I reckon the OP has a problem, and needs the car thoroughly checked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page