Breakddowns - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Breakddowns

Hi I wondered if anyone is in the same dark position as me?
I have a 108 I bought in April 16. It has broken down 12 times. It cuts out at high speeds which I can say scared me massively. It cuts out in any kind of motion. I've had a right battle on my hands to get some kind of swop. I know am looking to start a legal procedure
Has anyone else had this issue? I'm aware of warrently etc but I'm on finance and the garage plus Peugoet say its up to finance. It's a big mess and I've spend many times crying.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unhappy new 108 cutting out and stalling

My daughter had her 108 cut out and stall on her this morning, no warning lights on the dash, luckily she managed to brake and steer to the roadside safely - After a couple of start and stalls she did manage to get to work in it.
I'm very concerned. Local dealer looking at it on Monday. Only covered 1100 miles and new in April. It's the 1.0L engine.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
My daughter had her 108 cut out and stall on her this morning, no warning lights on the dash, luckily she managed to brake and steer to the roadside safely - After a couple of start and stalls she did manage to get to work in it.
I'm very concerned. Local dealer looking at it on Monday. Only covered 1100 miles and new in April. It's the 1.0L engine.
1100 miles in over six months is a very low mileage. Lots of very short journeys at slow speed perhaps? Modern cars, apparently, do not like such a history. Plugs could be fouled, battery could be very low on charge, or very many other reasons. Take it for a blast down the motorway to clear the cobwebs. Apologies if I am wide of the mark.
Anyway, if no error codes are found then the Peugeot technicians will not have a clue. Hope your daughter gets it sorted, just don't expect the modern day mechanic (technician) to have a clue. If the computer does not diagnose it, they are clueless!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 AM

On the morning we were due to take the car into the dealer the car would not start so we called out the AA - He confirmed the battery was flat but only able to take 10 amps - We took the car into our local Peugeot dealer who after keeping the car overnight and checking it said my daughters mileage ( about 10-12 miles day ) was not allowing the battery to recover and charge between starts. There was no fault with the battery or the car. I can understand this, but am still surprised that a car designed for short journeys is not able to charge sufficiently ? As a comparison my wifes mileage is roughly similar and we've never had a flat battery in 15 years!?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Doesn't sound right, these cars are designed for short mileages. Wonder if the stop start system is having too much of an effect on the battery?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 AM

I have recently experienced the same problem with my 108 it's a 2017 1 litre active bought new from a main dealer and has only covered 500 miles!.
This past week the engine has cut out several times when driving under load without any warning after having covered about 25 miles so it's not the battery being flat as no warning lamps show on the dashboard i'm wondering if it may be a faulty ignition coil as had similar problems with a fiesta a few years ago until a new coil was fitted ? ( apparently the garage told me it's a common problem with fiestas could the Peugeot have similar issues i wonder?) car is booked in at the main dealer next week let's see what they can come up with i'll keep you posted.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you get anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Levitt View Post
I have recently experienced the same problem with my 108 it's a 2017 1 litre active bought new from a main dealer and has only covered 500 miles!.
This past week the engine has cut out several times when driving under load without any warning after having covered about 25 miles .
A friend of mine had her 2017, 208 1.0 cut out last week on the way to work. Dealer has checked and can find no fault - but she's lost confidence in the car. Peugeot Finance are asking for 1000 to swap here out of the current PCP and into a new car! Plus they are quoting 6-8 weeks for a complaint resolution. Meanwhile she's not driving it and hiring something. Did you find a solution? Anybody else reporting the same issue?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page