1Likes
  • 1 Post By wellfan

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Peugeot 108 Clutch Replacement

Hi all,

I have the 1ltr 65 plate 108 active. It's my first car and I use it for my work as I'm self employed. Unfortunately, I've managed to rack up some miles up to 47K! The car is now out of warranty.

There is a small squeal coming from the clutch but I've been told it's the thrust bearing that needs to be replaced. It's recommended that I have the entire clutch system replacement at the same time due to the mileage. I can't seem to find any parts anywhere which I could order and take to a garage to be fitted.

If anyone knows what I could do it would be much appreciated.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyonejosh View Post
Hi all,

I have the 1ltr 65 plate 108 active. It's my first car and I use it for my work as I'm self employed. Unfortunately, I've managed to rack up some miles up to 47K! The car is now out of warranty.

There is a small squeal coming from the clutch but I've been told it's the thrust bearing that needs to be replaced. It's recommended that I have the entire clutch system replacement at the same time due to the mileage. I can't seem to find any parts anywhere which I could order and take to a garage to be fitted.

If anyone knows what I could do it would be much appreciated.
Surely it is still covered by the three year warranty.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been told by Evans Halshaw that as it's done over its contract mileage it's no longer covered.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been told by Evans Halshaw that as it's done over its contract mileage it's no longer covered.
I don't understand that. Car has 3 year or 60,00 mile warranty. As long as serviced at appropriate service intervals it should be covered. The thrust bearing could be classified as a wear item, but there is some debate about that, with the general census of opinion that it is not a wear item and should be covered under warranty. A clutch should last at least double your present mileage if driven normally.
theonlyonejosh likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated! How would I go about explaining this to Evans Halshaw?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated! How would I go about explaining this to Evans Halshaw?
'Welcome to Peugeot' booklet page 18. This booklet should be in beside owners manual, etc. Also stated in service booklet. It is actually described as two year manufacturer plus one extra year dealer warranty, but is really a Peugeot backed three year / 60,000 mile warranty.
It is widely known that all cars have at least a three year warranty, many have five or more. Give Peugeot customer services a call if Evans Hellshaw give you any hassle.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Agree with above, you might have went over the contract mileage but that just means you will likely face an excess mileage claim at the end of the term. Your warranty is still 3 years / 60,000 miles so there should be no quibble there and no reason why you have to explain anything to the service department about your hire contract!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page