Wing mirror glass replace? - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wing mirror glass replace?

Hey,

Well I just had an accident and smashed my passangers wing mirror glass, luckily no damage done to other cars mirror and they didn't want to claim.. and amazingly no damage done to the actual wing mirror on mine!

But any case, I was wondering, does anyone here know where I could get a genuine passanger wing mirror glass, and none of these adhesive stuff?

If there isn't any.. then if I was to claim off my insurance, then does anyone know if they'd replace the wing mirror with a genuine one, or would I just be best getting these adhesive ones?

Thanks!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dha12oks View Post
Hey,

Well I just had an accident and smashed my passangers wing mirror glass, luckily no damage done to other cars mirror and they didn't want to claim.. and amazingly no damage done to the actual wing mirror on mine!

But any case, I was wondering, does anyone here know where I could get a genuine passanger wing mirror glass, and none of these adhesive stuff?

If there isn't any.. then if I was to claim off my insurance, then does anyone know if they'd replace the wing mirror with a genuine one, or would I just be best getting these adhesive ones?

Thanks!
Do not claim on your insurance and do not inform them of the accident. If you do you will get screwed on renewal due to the loss of a considerable chunk of your NCD.
The glass is less than 20 quid, and will be an easy DIY fix. I have linked to the part, or similar. Think this link is for unheated. Just visit a Peugeot dealer part's department and ask them to look up the part number and get it ordered.
http://www.eurekacarparts.com/peugeot/1612467680
Edit. The correct part numbers are: Passenger side heated 1612467880. Unheated 1612468180. Believe electric mirrors have heated glass, manual mirrors are unheated.

Last edited by wellfan; 08-11-2016 at 06:27 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Citroen-Peuge...item43e8f62b5c

This is an eBay link. Probably best to buy from UK source such as a dealer. Then guaranteed correct part.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seriously, my other post hasn't been approved yet? lol (Posted one before this..)

Found one on carwingmirrors (Google it as I think they're sensoring out links.. lol)
hopefully it's the same one as posted by @wellfan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Your dealer will do them, ask your parts department.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page