Peugeot rules out a merge with Fiat - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Peugeot rules out a merge with Fiat

PSA Peugeot Citroen boss Carlos Tavares has ruled out a potential tie-up with Fiat Chrysler or other partners - but only until the French firm has completed its financial turnaround.

Speculation has suggested that PSA, now co-owned by Chinese car maker Dongfeng and already working on joint ventures with Toyota and GM, could merge with Fiat Chrysler to underpin the growth of both firms.

While PSA is strongest in Asian and European markets, Chrysler is strongest in the US, while Fiat and Alfa are undergoing revival plans.

PSA sold just over 2.8m cars last year, while Fiat Chrysler sold 4.4m. Fiat Chrysler boss Sergio Marchionne has previously claimed that a car maker will have to sell six million vehicles in the future if it is to be sustainable. But Tavares has insisted that his firm must complete his ‘Back in the Race’ recovery plan before it considers any mergers.

What do you think? Should Peugeot merge with Fiat do you think?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
We just got rid of our Fiat 500, having previously owned in excess of a dozen fiat cars. I vowed never to buy another Fiat as general build quality is shocking, and mechanical reliability is terrible. Just my tuppence worth based on real life experience of Fiat experience.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I agree wellfan. I also think their brands are a mess. Look at Chrysler, Alfa and Lancia. They have like one or two rebadged cars and all are horrible. The 500L is a monstrous thing as is the Ypsilon.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fiat are desperate from what I'm reading. They have publicly said they want to merge with someone, who does that unless they are struggling?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
LEM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The chairman of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, John Elkann, confirmed that his company’s CEO, Sergio Marchionne, had sent an email to his counterpart at General Motors, Mary Barra, requesting for a merger between the two automakers.
Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/357310/f...ing-gm-merger/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page