Some thoughs on my daughters first car? - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Some thoughs on my daughters first car?

Hello Peugeot 108 forum,

As you guys can see from the title I am looking for some thoughts on my daughter and what I plan to be her first car. She is going for her final lesson in a couple of weeks and her the test is set for her to take and for when she passes the test I would like to present her with her new car the 2017 Peugeot 108. I have been watching a few of the review on Youtube and the more I watch the more it seems like a nice first car but I wanted to make sure by asking you guys first.

So, in terms of my daughter and it being her first car what are your thoughts? and then in terms of the Peugeot itself what's it like to drive? In terms of maintenance, how often is a service needed etc? and what are the pros and cons?

If there is any other information that you guys need please comment below and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Definitely a great first car - it's my first car!

The light and quick self-centering steering wheel is great and the engine is very efficient too. Small size and camera make it very, very, easy to park and manoeuvre around town.

The only problem I have noticed when driving other cars, and others have mentioned, is the high clutch - which can make the car very easy to stall, and is why my instructor opted for a 208 instead of a 108 for his learners. I got used to it quickly so hasn't been so much of a problem for me, but I do find myself bunny hopping or pushing high revs with the clutch still in when starting on a hill. This is definitely down to my experience, but the mother who's been driving for over 35 years has the same problem.

I've got the 1.2 as I do a lot of motorway driving, servicing is due at 16,000 miles or every year, I think for the 1 litre it's fewer miles. I had a faulty water pump from around 9,000 miles but was fixed promptly under warranty.

If you really want to make your daughter happy go with the Top! version - I have this and everyone loves it. Other city cars such as the Vauxhall Adam and Hyundai i10 are much more rewarding and comfortable to drive, I must admit.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Driving a 1.2 Allure Top! 3dr
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would say its also a great first car. Easy to drive and park around town. Cheap to run and good on fuel. Cheap to insure as well which for a first car can be very expensive.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

This is what I like to hear guys! Thanks for your positive opinions. Because she doesn't know I am starting to get excited for her. i am going to do a little searching for prices colours etc then I will get back to you all.

Thanks for the replies
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I have been searching online for the right Peugeot 108 for my daughter. I came across this one here http://www.for-sale.co.uk/peugeot-108 in the description it says "some of the teeth holding the disc are broken" What are teeth holding the breaks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 AM

I can imagine this is somthing to do with the handbrake, as it moves along a ratchet style component with what are called, teeth.

If so, you should get this fixed or you could find your car rolling down a hill. I might be wrong though. Only the front brakes are dics, rear are drums.

You should contact the seller and ask them. The pictures look like it's at a dealer although they might have been reused. A dealer should explain why it's not repairable under warranty (might have been wear or tear from previous owner), or quote the cost to repair.

Last edited by pcantellow; 08-15-2017 at 07:41 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:41 AM

Nothing on Auto Trader about the Teeth

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...del=108&page=1

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2020, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Essay

I'd say go for something simple and not too fancy. First cars can be very intimidating, according to one of the best essay writers online. They need to be easy anf fun to drive all the while being comfortable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page