Peugeot 108 Forum banner

HELP: How to use mirror link technology

560K views 357 replies 103 participants last post by  Lyn 
#1 ·
My 108 has mirror screen connection but I still don't know how to use it. I searched on internet but I have not found anything about compatible apps or compatible devices.

In every videos or reviews found on internet, I read that I have to download compatible apps.. but what are the compatible apps? In one video someone told to download "MirrorLink tm" app.. but it doesn't exists.

I really don't know how to use it, what I have to download and configure on my smartphone.

can someone help me please?

#7 ·
Hi to all,

thanks for all reply and sorry for my late answer.
First app (Drive Link) unfortunately isn't compatible with my smartphone.

Second app is for iOS and I have an android smartphone, I saw that I didn't specified what smartphone I have, on my first post.

I have HTC One M7 smartphone, and on it I found a pre-installed app called "Car", I'll try to use it and I'll let you know if it works.

p.s. sorry for my english :)

#12 ·
I've come across this for the C1's MirrorLink, they show it hardwired into the system via USB cable. Has this been attempted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybr-a4OpJFg
Yes of course I tried to connect my phone via usb cable and it works to read my music and all other things. The only things that I'm not able tu use is mirrorlink.

Yesterday I tried to connect phone via usb and start che htc "car" application, but when I try to connect for mirrorlink, peugeot system after few minutes told me that is impossible to connect, I tried also to open first che htc car application and then connect smarphone to peugeot.

Connection via bluetooth for streaming audio works perfectly.

My last doubt is that maybe I have to use a paricular cable and not a normal cable usb that I use to connect to pc.

#15 ·
It's a HTC one m8 also tried iPhone 4 Sam galaxy s3 s4 s5 none work as the mirror screen is not active in the UK at min trust me I work for Peugeot there will be updates in the future but no dates even used the lead that Peugeot recommends still no joy it pairs up but just shows blank screen on all above phones

#17 ·
I don't see blank screen and I don't receive error that mirror is not active but I receive an error that isn't possible to connect...but if I use only Bluetooth connection for streaming audio it works..this happens with my HTC one m7.

I tried also with iPhone 5 and it seems that works but in a few seconds all is blocked and app on phone crash..

#21 ·
Is MirrorLink feature a con for Android users?

Looking at this thread, Peugeot needs to get this sorted. Drive Link is not compatible with my Nexus 4, which is Android. But Peugeot says "Android Smart Phones", no qualification.

Quote from Driver's manual

"Depending on the model of your smartphone, it may be necessary to download an application."

That should be

"Depending on the model of your smartphone, it may not work at all."

Very misleading advertising, or what? And misleading consumers can be expensive these days!

Chris Hibbert

#22 ·
A bit more on this
DriveLink seems to be incompatible with many (most?) android phones, and if it can be installed, just does not work. Go look at the user reports here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.scm&hl=en

Also, I have seen it reported that even when working, it is single task - play music or follow a map. Not what you want!

I have emailed the developer - drivelink@samsung.com - but that email ID does not exist. The app has not been updated since Feb 2013.

I therefore conclude that this app is dead, and there is no MirrorLink implementation for Android phone users.

I have emailed MirrorLink also, will post any reply I get.

So, what to do?

If enough people cause enough trouble by demanding that dealers help with getting the promised functionality working, maybe car manufacturers will put pressure on Samsung and/or MirrorLink to get things working as promised.

Meantime
Put all your music on a USB memory stick.
Continue to use your smartphone for GPS mapping functiions - if using a USB memory stick you will need a USB charger for the 12 voltr socket, but you probably have one of those already! (Wonder if a 2 port USB switch will work with the USB socket??)
Use Bluetooth telephone functions to achieve hands free telephone usage.

#25 ·
I've signed up to the developers site - I shall have a crack at developing my own application that uses the MirrorLink API - at the moment no other developers have put a paper in for this.

Only issue I'm having is Samsung have forced in their last firmware update that mirrorlink must run through their software and not third party - hence the reason its not working. I think in theory - anyone with a Samsung Note 2 or S3 who haven't updated the fireware would be able to connect without any problem...

#27 ·
As a newbie - here's my experience so far, after two days of otherwise blissful ownership.

However, as has already been noted whoever is responsible for the marketing surrounding the touch screen, requires taking outside and given a jolly good kicking. It simply doesn't do what they say it does!! And I've checked Citroen's site, and they're are also happily warbling on about 'Mirror Screen Technology' that certainly doesn't exist for either my iPad 2, or my Samsung Note 3. Their is an AppInCar app (has the some icon as the one on the 7" screen) that installs onto the iPad, but it fails to connect. Strangely enough, tried my daughter's iPhone 5 and it didn't want to play either.
In fact, you'll have problems finding the DriveLink app that keeps being mentioned or indeed anything 'Mirror Link' related. There is a MirrorLink site, but it's a waste of time.
I finally did find a link to a 'Drive Link' app - but apparently it's not available in this country!!
The good news is that my Note 3 connected flawlessly via Bluetooth, providing me with total hands free calling. If you require music, I copied a load of albums onto one of my old 8 Gig USB sticks, and this also worked brilliantly. Lastly, thought I'd try my old iPod Touch - Bingo - no problems - worked exactly as I hoped and expected.
So, the question is - Do we all go 'Oh well, I'm sure they'll get it sorted' or do we actually make some noise? (clearly not via MirrorLink ;-0)

#28 ·
no mellifluous dulcets here, we need a smattering of cacophonous paroxysms! I am sure they will get it sorted eventually, but how eventual is eventually? >:D;)

Once we start to get more owners in cars I think it will be much easier to make noticeable noise! I sent this thread to a few publications with hope they may give us some publicity. Perhaps if more of us do the same it will be given recognition? 0:)

#29 ·
matt

Hi I have arrived on this site hopping to find answers as I am having all the same problems with my new toyota aygo that has the same touch screen system and the same advertising suggesting you cam mirror your phone. I have found in the small print recently that with regards to android I think there was only the note 2 and the s3 compatible however my partner has an s3 and when I try to download the drive link app it says it's not compatible ..... I have a note 3 and find this all totally unacceptable that Toyota Peugeot and Citreon are all selling these cars with people expecting this to work when there is no software/apps available.

Maybe we should start an online petition to have this deception raised in parliament.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.