Citroen C1 Touchscreen Video playback - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Citroen C1 Touchscreen Video playback

Good day gents and ladies (if any),

Firstly, I have to say that I moved from a 2012 Toyota Yaris (new shape) to a new Citroen C1 and LOVE my little car. Its the airscape feel so I have the 7" touchscreen headunit, climate control etc.

My mirrorlink is working, albeit, pathetically as most of the apps are terrible or not available in my country. Even the Sygic Nav is cropped on my screen and isn't worth using.

The main question:

Is there a software update to the actual headunit or even a basic software upgrade for mirrorlink itself that can be done to the headunit for it to play videos from USB or even some form of video playback through mirrorlink?

Its a great interface with a very clear screen, its such a waste that we can't watch video playback on it.

Before you start saying that I need to read the existing threads, I took my time to read most of the threads regarding mirrorlink throughout the internet and not only on this forum and can confirm that I could not find anything.

The only instance was someone found a loophole in their mirrorlink and when they (installed the back button on their phone) pressed the back button, the entire phone was mirrored correctly. This does not work with my S6 Edge.

I have tried everything and now at my wits end, I decide to ask around. Surely I cant be the only one looking for this solution.

Its a great screen that's capable of so much more...
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had to add a pic of my baby car...

So far the car is stock, all I have done thus far is matt white Liquidip (car is originally silver), matt red dip to the rear spoiler and the front section to match the red canvas and that's it.

Fantastic car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151125_195725.jpg (181.5 KB, 22 views)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As far as I'm aware you can't play video in any car whilst driving (for safety reasons). Even the high end Mercedes that have TV tuners built into them, once you start driving the picture cuts off and all you can hear is sound.

You can look into rooting your phone as a workaround to gain full access to the phone whilst connected by MirrorLink but I would advise against this and will refrain from giving any further information on this topic as it is unsafe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page