battery draining - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy battery draining

Hi everyone
I am a newbie and this is my first thread, can I ask if anyone has ever experienced battery drain on their 108 last july I bought a 65 reg 108 top for my granddaughter and stored the car at mine until she passed her test and after one week of not using it the battery was dead flat the dealer fitted a new battery (Chinese) and it continued to go flat after about a week of not using it I took it back to the dealer who had it for a week and said it was not used enough however they fitted a new Peugeot battery and all has been well for some time 3 months now as my granddaughter uses it herself now but she had to go away for a week and it wasn't used when she got back the battery was dead and I mean dead it took a long time to register any charge. before I go back to the dealer can any one enlighten me if this problem has been highlighted before, the battery seems to be quite small and is it possible to fit a larger capacity battery, only I am aware there are different type of battery now as against the lead acid type?
any advice would be gratefully received.
thanks for reading.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had and still have this same issue. I started off doing short trips, they told me I wasn't driving it enough. Then it got to the point I had to jump start for every journey, the daytime running lights and dashboard wouldn't switch off...even when key was removed. This drained my battery more and had to have the instrument panel replaced. This seemed to fix the problem but I had started driving longer journeys more often...nearly a year later I leave the car parked for a week over Christmas (2018) because I don't want to break the law drink driving and my battery has died, I have jumped it and now waiting to see if it happens again. I have a 2017 Peugeot 108 which is my first car. Why do they give this car with so much technology such a little battery? It clearly can't cope and it's a city car so, not really made for lots of long journeys.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I experienced a problem on my 308 where the battery went flat after 1 week.

It turned out to be a Battery Protection Unit.

Now I'm not sure whether the 108 has this unit but I had to get it replaced by the dealer...and it's not cheap.

You can read the progress of resolving this issue which started with a service warning appearing and then developing into the flat battery after 1 week being parked in my garage.

See my thread here in the 308 forum: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...-fault-337060/

I cannot say it will be the same fault but the situation sounds similar as replacing the flat battery did not cure the problem.

Al.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page