Wheel trims with 34cm diameter hoops? - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheel trims with 34cm diameter hoops?

Is there a source for cheap wheel trims to fit the 108 with its 34cm hoop diameter on 15" wheels?
Cheap enough to replace often on a hire car?

I searched ebay for 15" wheel trims [price + postage ascending], and found a well-reviewed own-brand of Euro Car Parts sold under different seller names at various cheapish prices, competing with the Halfords basic, if you are near a Halfords, and a Streetwize design often sold with free postage. The Euro Car Parts Torque design looks a bit like Peugeot originals. It fits-in to the 15" wheel. All good so far.

But falls straight out of the 15" because the hoop and clips are smaller than needed for the steel wheel ):

So
  1. I leave the black steel wheel exposed, and maybe buy nice nut covers and cover-up the centre somehow. Maybe I polish the black paint or I paint it silver or something.
  2. I use cable ties to stick-on cheap wheel trims - something I've seen a car hire company do
  3. I use Peugeot new and used caps including the ones that came with the car. But it is going to be pimped-out on a P2P car hire site and I think customers will scuff hubcaps often, and worry about being charged, which I won't do but they'll worry. A set of really cheap hubcaps or none at all might re-assure them.
  4. I discover some wonderful source of cheap 15" wheel trims with this odd hoop size, which seems unlikely but ideas are welcome

Last edited by johnr; 01-13-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page