Suzuki has just launched a 108 rival.. - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
CPC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Suzuki has just launched a 108 rival..

Prices and specifications for the new Suzuki Celerio city car have been announced. The car goes on sale in February next year, priced from 7,999.

Available in basic SZ3 and better-equipped SZ4 trims, the Suzuki Celerio will offer class leading bootspace, low CO2 emissions and a choice of manual and automatic transmissions.

All Suzuki Celerio models will boast six airbags, air conditioning, alloy wheels, DAB radio and Bluetooth for your mobile phone. USB connectivity, remote central locking and ESP are all standard too.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...rices-revealed

What do you think of it? Would you consider it over a 108? And if so WHY!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Looks toilet to me. Look at tat rear door design and the front end that doesn't look like it fits the car properly. No no no no no.

The 108 has much better styling and whilst the suzuki swift is supposed to be an ok car, peugeot are famed for making great small cars.

Basically if you want a dirt cheap new car go for the suzuki, but it will look ugly, and probably won't drive that well. Plus there is a good chance the build quality wont be that brilliant.
If I get one as a hire car on holday I might enjoy hurting it, but otherwise I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 AM

I do like that colour though...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
CPC

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mde108 View Post
Looks toilet to me. Look at tat rear door design and the front end that doesn't look like it fits the car properly. No no no no no.

The 108 has much better styling and whilst the suzuki swift is supposed to be an ok car, peugeot are famed for making great small cars.

Basically if you want a dirt cheap new car go for the suzuki, but it will look ugly, and probably won't drive that well. Plus there is a good chance the build quality wont be that brilliant.
If I get one as a hire car on holday I might enjoy hurting it, but otherwise I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one.
I completely agree. It looks like a really cheaply made car with zero thought gone into the design. Something I would have expected to see in the 90's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Its not getting great reviews in the press - a 2 / 3 star car. It is spacious though. It also only scored 3 stars on the Euro N-Cap crash test.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:19 AM
LEM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Turns out it has been removed from sale after only being on the market for a day!
The new Suzuki Celerio only went on sale yesterday, but sales have already been halted following two high-speed brake failures on UK media test drives.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-autocar-tests
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEM View Post
Turns out it has been removed from sale after only being on the market for a day!
The new Suzuki Celerio only went on sale yesterday, but sales have already been halted following two high-speed brake failures on UK media test drives.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-autocar-tests

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Ouch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page