We buy any car - any good? - Peugeot 108 Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We buy any car - any good?

We're selling one of our cars. The dealers are giving us just less than We Buy Any Car are offering.

Has anyone used them before? What are they like? I fear they will just knock the price down over any little excuse if we go ahead.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123-108 View Post
We're selling one of our cars. The dealers are giving us just less than We Buy Any Car are offering.

Has anyone used them before? What are they like? I fear they will just knock the price down over any little excuse if we go ahead.
I have used them several times. Never had any issues, as long as you accurately describe the car. Best price achieved every time. Last time I got a dealer to match them, saved a bit of hassle. However, I have heard that they are becoming increasingly more pedantic over minor stone chips, etc.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I used money4yourmotors when I sold the car I was replacing with my 108 - got a much better price than WBAC, lower fees, and they came to pick it up. Worth comparing prices from a few places.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestew View Post
I used money4yourmotors when I sold the car I was replacing with my 108 - got a much better price than WBAC, lower fees, and they came to pick it up. Worth comparing prices from a few places.

Interesting, I did likewise. Got quotes from every listed online car buyer, and none came near to WBAC. Obviously depends on a number of factors, including make and model, location and nearby demand for specific vehicles, etc.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
This is interesting. I've got quotes from them in the past but never pulled the trigger on using them. I had a mate who sold his car with them and he said it was an ok experience albeit he could've got more if he sold privately and hung on in there, but he just wanted out of his car so took the offer from WBAC.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 06:13 AM

I used to always sell my cars privately, as they were always very well looked after they sold very quickly. Over the past ten years, or so, I have noticed it is becoming more difficult to sell privately, too many tyre kickers looking to screw you. Also dealers are now keen to take your car in part-exchange, and are willing to give you a very good price, also you can negotiate a discount on the new car before discussing the part-ex. This was something a dealer would never do in the past, if trading in a car they would almost always charge you full list price. WBAC, and the others are merely middle men who buy the car and pass it on to main dealers. Lots of the main dealers are now actively seeking to buy used cars also.
The internet age has made it much easier for us, the consumer, to get a much better deal on cars. When I think what I paid for a new car 20 odd years ago, it is not much different to the cost now. Paid over 8K for a Pug 205 in 1986 (from a broker 400 miles away from home), paid 10K for our new 108 TOP from a local dealer who beat the best internet price I could get. He also matched WBAC offer for our Fiat 500 trade-in.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Well in the end we managed to sell it to a friends mother at work, so an easy transaction. Attempted to list it on Auto Trader but just had a load of idiots phoning up, asking stupid questions and then people ringing up who were literally a 7 hour drive from us!

I'd have went down the We Buy... route if we hadn't of had that offer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot 108 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page