Peugeot 108 Forum

Peugeot 108 Forum (https://www.peugeot108forum.co.uk/forum/)
-   Engine and Technical Discussion (https://www.peugeot108forum.co.uk/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/)
-   -   Peugeot 108 Reliability (https://www.peugeot108forum.co.uk/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/2385-peugeot-108-reliability.html)

123-108 02-02-2015 05:35 AM

Peugeot 108 Reliability

Has anyone had an issues yet? All seems to be going well so far for us which is a positive sign for such a new car! :)

LEM 02-02-2015 10:01 AM

Nope - none here so far. All going very well indeed and I hope it stays that way :)

Mr. Auto 02-06-2015 12:27 PM

If anyone does have any problems with their 108 please be sure to posts them!

Cheers!

mde108 02-07-2015 02:51 AM

I've done 2000 miles in mine since the end of November and its been faultless thus far

geordiechris 02-08-2015 08:15 AM

I've done 1200 miles in mine and the only problem i've encountered is the fact that my car does not like damp/wet weather, it doesn't start as quickly as it does when it's dry (it seems to turn over a few times more than usual, but does eventually start). It only affects the start up from cold as once the engine has been started then subsequent starts are perfectly fine with it starting immediately.

I have taken it back to the dealer who have only managed to replicate the fault just the once and in the end they gave it back to me as when the fault was replicated by them they didn't put the diagnostic equipment with them at the time so they presumed with it only happening once while in their possession that the issue was fixed.

My car still does this and I'm planning on taking it back to the dealers but with it being intermittent it's a case of how long they'll be prepared to keep it (which is why i've just been putting up with it).

geordiechris 02-08-2015 12:23 PM

I also forgot to include the cold when describing the problem when starting from cold.

mde108 02-08-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geordiechris (Post 18457)
I've done 1200 miles in mine and the only problem i've encountered is the fact that my car does not like damp/wet weather, it doesn't start as quickly as it does when it's dry (it seems to turn over a few times more than usual, but does eventually start). It only affects the start up from cold as once the engine has been started then subsequent starts are perfectly fine with it starting immediately.

I have taken it back to the dealer who have only managed to replicate the fault just the once and in the end they gave it back to me as when the fault was replicated by them they didn't put the diagnostic equipment with them at the time so they presumed with it only happening once while in their possession that the issue was fixed.

My car still does this and I'm planning on taking it back to the dealers but with it being intermittent it's a case of how long they'll be prepared to keep it (which is why i've just been putting up with it).

Mine does the same. Must admit I hadn't thought it was a problem. Just needs to kick over a couple more cranks. I might keep an eye out for it though.

I assume yours is the 1.2?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

geordiechris 02-08-2015 03:11 PM

No, mine is the 1.0 litre but if yours does it as well then I can only think that it must be a trait of the car. The only reason I said it was a problem is because out of all the cars I've had since passing my test 25 years ago this is the only one to do that. In which case I won't bother taking it back to the dealer then lol.

CPC 02-09-2015 05:16 AM

I don't think that sounds right. It must be damp or condensation getting in somewhere it shouldn't.

Mine starts fine, even on frosty mornings.

Mr. Auto 02-09-2015 03:00 PM

Brand new cars such as the 108 Peugeot should not have this problem at all. They are built for both the summer and winter months. I would for sure let the dealer know because it seems that it's happening in a few of the 108's.. could be a simple factory fault.

Cheers!