Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peugeot has announced its 108 city car will be getting the Roland Garros treatment with a new special edition model. Starting at £12,495, the Renault Twingo rival gets two distinct colours, bright paintwork additions and styling tweaks to the cabin.

Peugeot fans who were around in the eighties may remember when it first sponsored the Roland Garros French Open tennis tournament. The brand has given us a whole host of Roland Garros special edition models over 30 years, with the 208 the latest to wear the badge.

See more about this model here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/91379/peugeot-108-roland-garros-edition-revealed

·
Registered
96 Posts
wanted to order on yesterday, but the 2-tronic's only available in the active :-( so ended up with a pair of actives

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I am looking at downsizing my vehicle to free up some more money (monthly) and have been offered one of these by a local dealer at a reasonable monthly sum. Got a fantastic spec! Would love to hear any feedback on this car as this will be my first foray into Peugeot and into a smaller vehicle. Would especially like to know how the vehicle handles on the motorway and also realistically will passengers fit in the back! Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi there, I am looking at downsizing my vehicle to free up some more money (monthly) and have been offered one of these by a local dealer at a reasonable monthly sum. Got a fantastic spec! Would love to hear any feedback on this car as this will be my first foray into Peugeot and into a smaller vehicle. Would especially like to know how the vehicle handles on the motorway and also realistically will passengers fit in the back! Many thanks in advance.
I've got the 1.2 5 door top!
I did quite an extensive report on my car a while back.

I find it fine on the motorway, perhaps a little light - but then its not a big car.
I use our car for school runs and shopping trips and find the space of the car works just fine 4 up. I've had 4 adults in it a few times and it worked really well - you wouldn't want to drive many many miles with adults in the back but for shortish journeys its perfectly adequate.

If you often have adults in the back and are doing many motorway miles I'd suggest a golf size car is what you want.

But, for zero tax, low fuel use (43 MPG), and cheaper running costs such as insurance and servicing this is a great day to day car.

I find the 1.2 engine very torquey and it handles very well as standard - although I'd love to tighten it up a little just because I think the chassis has more to offer the keen driver!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the 1.2 5 door top!
I did quite an extensive report on my car a while back.

I find it fine on the motorway, perhaps a little light - but then its not a big car.
I use our car for school runs and shopping trips and find the space of the car works just fine 4 up. I've had 4 adults in it a few times and it worked really well - you wouldn't want to drive many many miles with adults in the back but for shortish journeys its perfectly adequate.

If you often have adults in the back and are doing many motorway miles I'd suggest a golf size car is what you want.

But, for zero tax, low fuel use (43 MPG), and cheaper running costs such as insurance and servicing this is a great day to day car.

I find the 1.2 engine very torquey and it handles very well as standard - although I'd love to tighten it up a little just because I think the chassis has more to offer the keen driver!

That's really interesting thank you so much! I have pretty much made up my mind to go for the Roland Garros model. Be pretty much the same as I am paying now but hopefully cheaper to run. You mentioned 43mpg?? Is that right, it seems a little low and I would be very disappointed if that was right as I am getting more than that with my Juke!!!

Is your report on here btw?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's really interesting thank you so much! I have pretty much made up my mind to go for the Roland Garros model. Be pretty much the same as I am paying now but hopefully cheaper to run. You mentioned 43mpg?? Is that right, it seems a little low and I would be very disappointed if that was right as I am getting more than that with my Juke!!!

Is your report on here btw?
Yep, i've done 4000 miles and my average is 43 MPG. I do some town and motorway (15 miles each way) motoring. I'm religious about sticking to the shift indicator. I don't hammer the car as I have other faster vehicles to enjoy proper speed if I want that.

I agree its not great though. I was expecting 50+.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wife's car (108 TOP, 3 door, 1.2) is showing an indicated 48MPG. However, as I don't know how accurate the trip computer is, I'll wait until I do a couple of actual brim to brim checks to be clearer about real MPG.
My Vauxhall Mokka indicates over 10MPG more than actual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, i've done 4000 miles and my average is 43 MPG. I do some town and motorway (15 miles each way) motoring. I'm religious about sticking to the shift indicator. I don't hammer the car as I have other faster vehicles to enjoy proper speed if I want that.

I agree its not great though. I was expecting 50+.

OMG is that for real????!! One of the main reasons for changing my Juke ( I am getting about 40ish mpg on that) is to save on fuel....if the little 108 isn't much better what is the point?? I wonder if I would be better off with diesel??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our rg arrived a week ago.
We have only put 300 miles on her this week but averaging 55mpg.
Much quicker than the 107 envy she replaces and even quicker than my gfs 208 intuitive.
So far loving everything except figuring out where to hang the key.
An ignition would be a handy place to put one.
I'm all for progress but patting myself down trying to find my keys every time I leave the car doesn't seem that natural to me

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Much quicker than the 107 envy she replaces and even quicker than my gfs 208 intuitive.
I'm all for progress but patting myself down trying to find my keys every time I leave the car doesn't seem that natural to me
Great looking car!
I like the orange flashes on it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys.
I don't want to speak too soon.
but i think I got mirrorlink to work
I was playing with my Samsung galaxy s4 mini and in settings it says mirrorlink at the bottom of the menu.
I clicked it and it said ready to connect to car.
I went out to my car.
connected by usb and it connected but just gave me a blank screen.
I wondered if it was just blank because I didn't have any compatible apps on yet.
so I unconnected and downloaded sygic sat nav from the play store.
Now when I connect. It's not blank. Sygic navigation is right there on my dash.
I clicked it and it said download maps and so I am now waiting for UK maps to download.
will update when I know more
Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Car looks great, it seems your daughter is enjoying it too. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts