Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sure seems like they have them in now. Maybe they got there early, or maybe they just got the show model and the actual inventory will arrive shortly.

SO does this mean that people might actually be buying and driving the Peugeot 108 soon? Maybe people on our forum?

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's good news.:)
Not had a call back from my dealer/s yet one in Bolton one in Manchester supposed to call me as soon as. If they still want a sale!:|

·
Registered
148 Posts
Spoke to Manchester contact, says they may have some next week! He's driven the 1.0 and 1.2 and says they are both great,but he would say that though he did say "you'll. see for yourself when you drive them."

PS when I told him Warners had them in he did not know but that Peugeot may be distributing some to none main dealers first,which makes business sense if you think about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats true, they could also be arriving under embargo like Mini just recently with the F56...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Over here in France (Bretagne), first orders (as opposed to picking up showroom stock, if eny) are just arriving, mine is all ready, picking it up tomorrow.

But - the waiting list for current orders is now out to the end of January!

Feline, red - and that looks to be quite a colour!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Went to see mine yesterday, delighted with it as it looks much better than it does in pictures. Said I wanted to take it then :) and they said you can but we'll have to take the 64 plate off if you do :crying:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine last week. Feline, red.

As many are commentating, this is a different car to the 107. So:-

General comfort and ambiance - much, much improved. Very good radio/stereo - when I have finished adding track numbers to all my MP3 file names it will be superb (grrr!). Seats better than 107, not a patch on my 2 GTis - but then maybe the less marked side bolsters won't collapse like on those!

Ride - well, Rennes cobbled/much dug up streets seem to be much less knobbly! A lot quieter over bumps and at speed.

Engine/gearbox. Yes, as reported elsewhere, the 1.2 unit is a bit rough on tick over, but this is already showing signs of diminishing with kilometres on the clock. Other than that, the increase in available power and particularly torque is very noticeable. One particular hill on a regular route, on which the 107 really used to run out of breath has now disappeared entirely! Engine note under load is of a more "growly" nature then the 107, which is much nicer. Oddly, gearing is almost identical to the 107, near as I can get, 3100 at true (GPS measured) 110 Kilometres/hr as opposed to 3000 for the 107. With the extra power available, this is what puts it in a different class driveability wise.

Not finding clutch engagement problems in stop/start traffic as some road testers have reported. OK, grab point is slightly different, but same goes for any different car to the one you are used to.

The agricultural gearbox whine of the 107 in 1st and second has gone entirely.

Lots of nice new toys to play with of course. I particularly like the speed limiter is much better than a "conventional" cruise control.

Overall - well, since 1987 I have had 2 205 1600 GTIs (non cat, then (rubbish!) cat, 2 206s and a 107. Not having much cause to use the rear seats, I reckon this is might come in be somewhere between the GTis in overall satisfaction.

·
Registered
22 Posts

General comfort and ambiance - much, much improved. Very good radio/stereo - when I have finished adding track numbers to all my MP3 file names it will be superb (grrr!). Seats better than 107, not a patch on my 2 GTis - but then maybe the less marked side bolsters won't collapse like on those!

Ride - well, Rennes cobbled/much dug up streets seem to be much less knobbly! A lot quieter over bumps and at speed.

Engine/gearbox. Yes, as reported elsewhere, the 1.2 unit is a bit rough on tick over, but this is already showing signs of diminishing with kilometres on the clock. Other than that, the increase in available power and particularly torque is very noticeable. One particular hill on a regular route, on which the 107 really used to run out of breath has now disappeared entirely! Engine note under load is of a more "growly" nature then the 107, which is much nicer. Oddly, gearing is almost identical to the 107, near as I can get, 3100 at true (GPS measured) 110 Kilometres/hr as opposed to 3000 for the 107. With the extra power available, this is what puts it in a different class driveability wise.

Not finding clutch engagement problems in stop/start traffic as some road testers have reported. OK, grab point is slightly different, but same goes for any different car to the one you are used to.

Lots of nice new toys to play with of course. I particularly like the speed limiter is much better than a "conventional" cruise control.

Overall - well, since 1987 I have had 2 205 1600 GTIs (non cat, then (rubbish!) cat, 2 206s and a 107. Not having much cause to use the rear seats, I reckon this is might come in be somewhere between the GTis in overall satisfaction.
I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying it :)

Have you got any pictures to share yet?

·
Registered
200 Posts

Good review

But we need photos :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a confirmed delivery date today - 19th December! AHHHHH!! So excited :)

I have ordered the Feline black model

1 - 20 of 30 Posts