Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2016 108 with the original touch screen head unit (S/W version 840) and a Nokia 7.1 android phone which is not MirrorLink compatible.

I would really like to get my phone connected to the head unit so I can use google maps on the touch screen and saw Dazw30s post (here https://www.peugeot108forum.co.uk/f...ting/7284-touchscreen-upgrade-2018-model.html ) about how he changed his original touch screen head unit for the new 2018+ 3 button head unit with great success. But as he says he's only used it with an apple phone.

So my question is has anyone connected a non-MirrorLink compatible Android phone to a new 2018+ 3 button head unit successfully?

This is before I go to the trouble of sourcing one and installing it and finding it still not compatible!

Thanks in advance
ATB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, So....
I went along to my local Peugeot dealership who were extremely helpful!

One of the sales people took me along to a 2019 108 which had a display head unit with 3 buttons. I plugged in my 'non-mirror link compatible' android phone and straight away my phone and the display started to communicate with each other. My phone asked me to confirm a few privacy things like you do when you first use a new app and hey-presto it all worked! I tried Google maps - that worked! and I tried the BBC Sounds app as means of a test as well and that also worked! - Perfect!

So, now the dealership are going to get me a price to supply a new head unit and also to fit it (once the parts department opens Monday morning). But I will try and find a second hand one to fit myself.

Bottom line is that as long as your Android phone is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher it should work with Android Auto and the new 3 button display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts