Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We have a new Peugeot 108 and so far it has been great. (2 weeks)

However, I suspect there is an issue with the AC. As the warmer days begin we started using the AC in the last couple of days. The AC is working fine and is cooling the car, but I notice the blower fan goes on and off every 10 seconds in cycles, both when the car is moving and when it stands still.

Is that normal behavior for the AC blower fan in the 108 ? I know that in general AC blower fans go around in cycles, but they usually last couple of mins each and not 10 seconds.

Anyone encountered similar situation with the AC? the car is brand new, we got it straight from the agency.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our 108 never did as you have described. Take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it.
Thanks for the answer.

I noticed as the days get hotter the intervals of the fan become longer. Like it's working for 2 mins, the stops for few seconds and then gets turned on again for 2 mins, which overall seems like a more normal behavior.

Oddly, they took it to get checked and the garage said nothing is wrong with it. I will try to drive with it a couple days more to see how it behaves.

How the fan is working for you ? on what intervals? are you using it to heat or cool the car?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Blows until it reaches the set temperature. I've never seen it cycle round so quickly like that. Try it out in one of their stock cars to see the difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blows until it reaches the set temperature. I've never seen it cycle round so quickly like that. Try it out in one of their stock cars to see the difference.

Now when it got hotter here on a regular basis, when I put the AC on 3+ power it cycles regularly. The short intervals are usually when I when i put the AC to 1 or 2 levels.

Odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.