Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just driven my wife's 108 today for first time in this warm weather. Air con was worse than useless, I was soaking with sweat, had to open windows and roof for some air. All our recent cars have had air con that worked perfectly. Took my Vauxhall Mokka out just to make comparison, and what a difference. Mokka was Baltic, and 108 was Sahara like. Need to take it to dealer to check for gas leak, or compressor problem. Anyone else have similar problem?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine isn't as good as other cars, I think it's a small compressor or the fan is not as powerful. BUT it is cold air that comes out though.

If you're not getting cold air out then I would definitely get this checked out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thinking my air con is not as cold as it perhaps was when new. Been looking at the halfords DIY cans .... any good? Is it better to get a real air con fill rather than one of these options ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just driven my wife's 108 today for first time in this warm weather. Air con was worse than useless, I was soaking with sweat, had to open windows and roof for some air. All our recent cars have had air con that worked perfectly. Took my Vauxhall Mokka out just to make comparison, and what a difference. Mokka was Baltic, and 108 was Sahara like. Need to take it to dealer to check for gas leak, or compressor problem. Anyone else have similar problem?
Yes that conditioner is quite weak, my friend used to have such a car aswell and had always those problems. But not only him, but also me. Got recently a BMW that has quite problematic conditioning, yet is good enough. But I really wanted to fix that, and trying - I did even worse and couldn't fix it myself. I went to services but they neither could solve it. I really struggled for a long time, cuz it was summer and I didn't enjoy tripping at daytime under 35celsius, geez. Anyway, thanks to mates from socool.sg it is really fixed now, huh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes that conditioner is quite weak, my friend used to have such a car aswell and had always those problems. But not only him, but also me. Got recently a BMW that has quite problematic conditioning, yet is good enough. But I really wanted to fix that, and trying - I did even worse and couldn't fix it myself. I went to services but they neither could solve it. I really struggled for a long time, cuz it was summer and I didn't enjoy tripping at daytime under 35celsius, geez. Anyway, thanks to mates from socool.sg it is really fixed now, huh.

Dont try to fix it yourself! It might make the problem worse, and some companies may not want to help if they see that you have tampered with it. Always call up a reliable aircon installation service company to help! Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont try to fix it yourself! It might make the problem worse, and some companies may not want to help if they see that you have tampered with it. Always call up a reliable aircon installation service company to help! Cheers

Totally agree with this point. Im always afraid that i might make an irreversible mistake which would cost me even more to repair. After looking through blogs about aircon installation in Singapore, I saw a few comments where services charge more if you have tried to handle it yourself. Always call up professionals!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't imagine my life without air conditioning. You should urgently call an aircon servicing . They won't let you keep waiting and will come for help whenever you want. More than that, they offer a wide range of servicing, regardless of the trouble, so you don't have to worry about it. I had a similar situation to yours, and when they came to set up the AC they even gave me a chemical wash for free. I didn't even know that such service exists, but it's just amazing. It feels like you've got a brand new AC. https://lkbrothersaircon.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts