Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is thinking as far as lease or finance. I've always favored financing over leasing so that is the way I am going to go. How about you guys?

·
Registered
39 Posts
£100 saving a month for 8 years is £9600. Plus a bit of interest and that's pretty much £10k.

£100 repayment a month for 8 years pays off a loan of £7k (at 8% interest). It's better to save and wait.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean saving is always better than financing. When you save money the bank gives you interest, when you borrow money the bank charges you interest. If it weren't for people being more concerned with short term gain, everyone would just save their money.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oy you read that on the leaflet? In todays world of zero interest policies we're actually being penalised for saving over spending. Because you're earning no interest from the bank and that twit Carney has ramped up the quant easing the pound you put in the bank today is worth less tomorrow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
£100 saving a month for 8 years is £9600. Plus a bit of interest and that's pretty much £10k.

£100 repayment a month for 8 years pays off a loan of £7k (at 8% interest). It's better to save and wait.
not bad at all.
yeah it really helps to do that.
even saving all you need for it then financing is good, good way to build your credit

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've gone for the 3dr Active in white with the porcelain ambience option, I don't much like the other colours, I think they're boring lol. Would have liked to have been able to buy the Allure model but couldn't afford it :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've gone for the 3dr Active in white with the porcelain ambience option, I don't much like the other colours, I think they're boring lol. Would have liked to have been able to buy the Allure model but couldn't afford it :(
I couldn't justify spending more on the Allure model - it just didn't have enough features to tickle my fancy. The only thing that I wouldn't have mind was the rev counter and rear camera - both of which I think will be available after purchase.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I couldn't justify spending more on the Allure model - it just didn't have enough features to tickle my fancy. The only thing that I wouldn't have mind was the rev counter and rear camera - both of which I think will be available after purchase.
Once I worked out that I couldn't afford the Allure then compared the differences between the two models I wasn't that fussed about not being able to afford it.

As for the rev counter, I initially didn't order it on the car as an option but then changed my mind. When I went to my dealer to amend my order with the option included he informed me that he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it for the delivery date I'd asked for (even though i'm not getting it until October) so I just left it off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Once I worked out that I couldn't afford the Allure then compared the differences between the two models I wasn't that fussed about not being able to afford it.

As for the rev counter, I initially didn't order it on the car as an option but then changed my mind. When I went to my dealer to amend my order with the option included he informed me that he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it for the delivery date I'd asked for (even though i'm not getting it until October) so I just left it off.
That sounds wrong on his part, as it's only a £40 option I would go for it.
I went for the Allure as I wanted the 1.2 engine.
The rev counter on the 107 was originally a£30 option, but aftermarket it was £160+

·
Registered
69 Posts
He said something about the fact that if I did add the rev counter it might possibly have to be a factory build seeing as I'd opted for the porcelain ambience option as well. I thought it was strange considering there is still quite a while before I want the car but seeing as this is my first ever brand new car that i've bought I didn't question it as I didn't know the ins and outs so to speak about these things. I might call them Sunday or Monday morning to find out whether i'm able to add it and keep the original delivery date. When I went into the dealers the salesman did say to me that he would call to let me know once he'd found out himself whether it would put the delivery date back - as yet he hasn't called but I did say that if that was the case then I didn't want the rev counter added to the order.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I suggest you push him, as far as I know the porcelains ambience kit does not affect the speedo/instrument binnacle which should be piano black. He only needs to speak to admin to get your rev counter. It's your money and you are in charge and I think if you assert yourself he will comply even if you have to mention other dealers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was told its a 12weeks wait for the rev counter - it looks nice but I haven't seen it in action - I test drove cars without the rev counter.

I'm driving a 1.2 atm and I'm not sure what the implications of driving a engine below 1.0 will be. I have never driven extensively on Motorways and I'm not intending too either - so assume this wouldn't be an issue. I'm more pleased with the fact that I now get free parking too due to the CO2 emissions!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh my dealer never said that. So now I realise he probably wasn't lying then by saying it might push my delivery date back. I'll just leave it I think. I want my car asap lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
@geordiechris how comes you're getting your car in October, was that the earliest they could deliver for? When did you place your order?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts