Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to get hold of a Westfalia bike rack for £136 from PF Jones! A good initial 20-30 minutes to fit with some help, and once that's done you can just pop the metal bars in and out as you wish! Super handy for 2 bikes up to 40kg (although a bit on the expensive side for me)! Having the Top! version means I couldn't use cheaper roof bars.

I have to to take the front wheel off on my bike because of the lack of clearance - sitting lower than the rear panel itself!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local bike shop, Halfords and a business that makes custom bike racks all say that the weight of two bike overhanging on the back of a 2015 108 model is larger than Peugeot allow in their specifications.

I questioned Roberts and Day the Peugeot agent and they don't know what I am talking about and recommend the £29 rack on E Bay. Having looked closely at this the construction of the car is too light to take two bikes suspended at rear and bouncing around on a rough road.

I suppose it is the towing weight. So it looks like the 108 can not legally have a bike rack. Perhaps if you have fitted one you should investigate the legality.

Having looked under the car I find it very lightly constructed with no manufacturers provision for a rack at all.

Leigh Wright

·
Registered
12 Posts
My local bike shop, Halfords and a business that makes custom bike racks all say that the weight of two bike overhanging on the back of a 2015 108 model is larger than Peugeot allow in their specifications.

I questioned Roberts and Day the Peugeot agent and they don't know what I am talking about and recommend the £29 rack on E Bay. Having looked closely at this the construction of the car is too light to take two bikes suspended at rear and bouncing around on a rough road.

I suppose it is the towing weight. So it looks like the 108 can not legally have a bike rack. Perhaps if you have fitted one you should investigate the legality.

Having looked under the car I find it very lightly constructed with no manufacturers provision for a rack at all.

Leigh Wright
Westfalia has a tow bar for bikes. It can carry 40 kg.

It's installed like this

In Toyota "Accessory Installation Manual", there's also a manual for a bike carrier that can carry 50 kg:

It's a bit different and some new brackets are installed:

·
Registered
77 Posts

Leigh Wright
These bike racks are not directly fitted to the rear of the car. There is a supporting bracket that takes the weight first and distributes it properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.