Peugeot 108 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello,
I have tried out various halogen and a couple of LED bulbs for the headlights hi/lo beam.
I do not like the look of the halogen bulbs I was able to find; none of them were white enough for my taste,
so I tested out some LED's, and loved the color of them.
But the problem with the LED's I have tried, is that while they are nice of color, and somewhat brighter using low beam,
I find that the high beam is not very bright and does not reach as far as stock/whiter halogen bulbs, but the LED's do light up signs/markings/animals even though it is not shining directly at it.
I would love to find the right type of bulbs that gives a white/white-bluish color, but are still very bright with both high and low beam.
Would you know any type of bulb I might try to get the result I'm looking for?

- Thanks in advance,
and I greatly appreciate this thread with guides on changing different lights, I am currently awaiting shipping of LED's for brake and reverse lights! :)

Hi jepper153....The reflector and lens is really designed for halogen bulbs rather than LED. It is an MOT failure and illegal to use them on UK roads. Off-road only I'm afraid.

However; I am very pleased with the latest halogen I fitted: https://www.amazon.co.uk/WinPower-Halogen-Headlight-Bulbs-Pieces/dp/B07F2FLCRV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1S5IO3JR8UTDS&keywords=winpower+hir2&qid=1581082633&sprefix=winpower%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1

Not sure about longevity but cheap enough to try.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here's a better picture of the new headlight bulb against the LED side lights:

New WinPower Hir2 from Amazon:

Pretty good colour match and brighter light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I suppose you are not angry if I post here some pictures with my light / bulb modification.
If you don't want I will delete it.
What do you think about
Regards
Mike

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts