Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you regret any you've bought or sold?

I once had a Focus ST which was full of faults, I really didn't like it and ended up selling after 10 months.

Do you have any car related regrets?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Every car I have ever owned has left me regretting I bought it. They never met my expectations. Some better than others. Probably best engine was in my Fiat Grande Punto Multijet Sporting 1.9 diesel, it was awesome in performance, and economy. Fitted a tuning box, and it became an absolutely amazing vehicle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Every car I have ever owned has left me regretting I bought it. They never met my expectations. Some better than others.
Its so true.you always end up falling out of love with a car at some point and thinking "hmmm, I prefer the look of that one". Then its time to change!

The car that I regret letting go too easily was a mk1 golf GTI. 20 years ago I had it. 1 owner (an elderly relative of mine), white, immaculate and although it was a few years old it had only covered 2k miles per year!
I still don't get why I let that one go...
There are always the cars you are glad you got out of and thought "phew" as they drove away. I've had a few of those with head gasket, gearbox or other emerging 'characteristics'.

Then there are the cars that I went to look at but never bought.

5 years ago I looked at a D plate porsche 911 convertible. Good mileage and condition. Test drove it and quite liked it (but didn't love it).
Ummed and aahed and didn't buy it.
Saw the same car for sale a month ago for £10k more than when I looked at it.
@rse!
A mk 1 golf convertible I looked at in the middle of the winter a few years ago. Perfect E plate, low miles etc. £1500. But something in my head wouldn't let me buy it as I couldn't see where it would fit in. That was a mistake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts