Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with quality cleaning products?
What is a good cleaning/detailing product for the Peugeot 108? I'm looking for products that will protect and seal my factory paint job. And last in-between detailing sessions??

Cheers!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought a GardX stage 1 & 2 kit with the GardX interior protection spray from ebay. Cost £10.
The first thing I did when the car arrived on my driveway was polish the stuff on and sprayed the interior. Took about half an hour to do and puts a protective barrier on the car. Plus I've still got half the stuff left to treat the car again in the spring!

2000 miles on and its still looking good.

I do clean the car every week with a decent wash/wax especially at this time of year to get the road crud off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a big fan of AutoGlym products :) To keep the shine going in between waxes I use a quick detailing product. After a wash spray it on and wipe it off.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the info! What about products for detailing the wheels?
Autoglym car tyre dressing. Over 20 years of car ownership I've tried everything from silicon spray, to tyre dressing spray, back to black and even shoe polish. This is the right stuff for the job as it looks brilliant and lasts for days and days.
You'll need a small pot (I use the lid of a deicer can) to pour some into and a 2 inch paint brush.
Paint it onto the tyres with the brush, can be done whilst they're wet - the bonus of doing it this way is that you won't use as much of the dressing fluid.

Simples!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really appreciate the detailed explanation! I will definitely be trying this out on my wheels this weekend!

Thanks again

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been using Chemical Guys products so far and for me it's the best solution for detailing my cars.

My fauvorities are: Mr.Pink Shampoo and Pete's 53 Black Wax
For a detailer try the Vintage Series Quick detailer...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah! I've heard of Chemical Guys from a friend a couple weeks ago. He said it's really good stuff and it smells amazing. Flavored cleaning products gives your ride that extra freshness!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep. The Mr. Pink shampoo for example smells like a strawberry chewing gum... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts