Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a clicking clutch pedal action for a little while.
I've squirted a bit of lubrication (WD40) on the inside of the pedal box and it seems to have fixed it.

Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had a clicking clutch pedal action for a little while.
I've squirted a bit of lubrication (WD40) on the inside of the pedal box and it seems to have fixed it.

Anyone else had this?

wd40 is not a suitable lubricant to use. it will clean off the factory lube and prob cause problems... Ideally you should be straight back to the dealer for them to sort on a new car with 3 years warranty

·
Registered
69 Posts
I encountered this problem and took it back to the dealers. I can't remember what they did but it had something to do with the brushes in the clutch

·
Registered
102 Posts
Or maybe just buy something like 3-1 oil lubricant. That's a simple fix no need to rush over to the dealer for that. It's much better if you can fix the problem yourself! you learn more about your car that way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Or maybe just buy something like 3-1 oil lubricant. That's a simple fix no need to rush over to the dealer for that. It's much better if you can fix the problem yourself! you learn more about your car that way.
I tend to agree. If I can fix it myself, I'll do it. Take it to a dealer and they will generally **** it up. Years of experience of crap service from dealerships leaves me very disinclined to go anywhere near.
The courtesy wash and vac is always vigorously declined, guaranteed to get your paintwork and interior scratched.
Sorry to be so cynical, just years of bad experiences make you feel like it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I tend to agree. If I can fix it myself, I'll do it. Take it to a dealer and they will generally **** it up. Years of experience of crap service from dealerships leaves me very disinclined to go anywhere near.
The courtesy wash and vac is always vigorously declined, guaranteed to get your paintwork and interior scratched.
Sorry to be so cynical, just years of bad experiences make you feel like it.
I also tend to agree with this.
But in this case, I've noticed the click on the clutch pedal today too (now its been mentioned here I might add!) and if its a case of them changing the bushes etc then the dealer can do that and clean/hoover my car at the same time :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts