Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone removed door cards yet?

Any one have info on speaker size and mounting depth?

Or a link to wiring diagram so I can see where they put the in line crossover?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic that covers the metal on the inside of the door. You remove it to gain access to speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am, Focal ISS170's they arrive Monday.

If you should plan such an upgrade please look into correctly sound deadening/proofing your doors at the same time :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nothing worse than all the trim rattling after a speaker upgrade.

Please post your pics, perhaps even a how-to if you can? I think a few would be interested in this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its all those clips I worry about, you're never quite sure if they will snap off or never go back on again properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't that picture mine? Lol

The focal iss170s were a straight fit. I ran the cables from the amps to the tweeters. The tweeters receive the signal from the head unit and pass them onto the door speakers.

I used silent coat bulk pack to sound deaden the boot, under the rear seats the 4doors.

Also used silent coat ccf and mlv for the doors n boot.

Amp wise I settled on the Kenwood xr400-4 absolutely astonishing how the get 2x75wrms and 1x200wrms out of this! So tiny.

Sub wise I used the jl micro sub 8" ported driver, fantastic sound, you would think its a very good 10"

I have a few photos I'll upload tomorrow when the alcohol wears off lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
Isn't that picture mine? Lol

The focal iss170s were a straight fit. I ran the cables from the amps to the tweeters. The tweeters receive the signal from the head unit and pass them onto the door speakers.

I used silent coat bulk pack to sound deaden the boot, under the rear seats the 4doors.

Also used silent coat ccf and mlv for the doors n boot.

Amp wise I settled on the Kenwood xr400-4 absolutely astonishing how the get 2x75wrms and 1x200wrms out of this! So tiny.

Sub wise I used the jl micro sub 8" ported driver, fantastic sound, you would think its a very good 10"

I have a few photos I'll upload tomorrow when the alcohol wears off lol
I'd be interested in the sound deadening methods you've used as I wouldn't mind reducing the amount of noise that comes through the wafer thin door skins

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made a significant difference at 30mph. I have yet to do a motorway run, that's when I'll know if it was all worth it.

I feel that the floorpan needs it too, but seats n carpet out was a step to far for me lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Someone mentioned a screw as well as the clips. Does this have to be removed before yanking all the clips out? If so, is it behind small piece of plastic where the inside door pull is?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts