Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From June 8 2015, the UK paper counterpart driving licence will be scrapped and no longer issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

The green section of paper required mainly for hiring cars will no longer be valid and when you renew or change your address on your licence, the DVLA will only send a new photocard.

It's part of a major "red tape" removal policy by Government motoring agencies with many facets moving online, saving an estimated £8 million. MyLicence - a joint venture between the DVLA and the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) - has been launched where drivers can check their details online.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/89859/end-of-the-uk-paper-driving-licence-all-you-need-to-know

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think its a bloody good idea as being in the 21st century we might as well utilise the technology at our disposal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Photo card. What is that? Must be something you young drivers get!
I still have my original licence from 1981, no photo on it, and no need for paying for regular updates to your mug shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Photo card. What is that? Must be something you young drivers get!
I still have my original licence from 1981, no photo on it, and no need for paying for regular updates to your mug shot.
lol so will yours be getting scrapped then and you'll have to get a photocard or are you OK?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts