Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Well I'm not sure if this is down to the weather, or if how often I use my car, but sometimes when I try to start my car, it struggles to kick straight in, you can hear the engine turning it then stops for a split second then it kicks in, so my question is, can this be something with the battery, or is there something else that could be at fault?

Also, stupid question but; Is there a reader of some sort out there to determine what the battery is running at (Like if its nearly flat etc), I know the obvious signs of when the battery is flat (stating the obvious), but like yeah...

To add to this, when I turn the key I give it a second till I hear the buzzing or some sound stop then I turn it, but when sometimes it doesn't kick straight in, the instruments (touch screen, LED for the gauge in front of the wheel) flicker, like as if its struggling for power.. I've probably answered my own question lol, but could use a second opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like your battery is not fully charged. But also sounds like you have some other problem, probably dirty spark plugs. Do you not use your car very often? Also is it just short journeys?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just usually use it for going to work (average only 7 miles a day lol) but I do occasionally use it for other tasks.
I would go a head and open it up and look inside, but its on HP, so would probably be best to take it to my local dealer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To add to it, forgot to mention that I've only done 1400 or so miles on it since I got it back in July.
Can't edit posts for some reason..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sure I've seen a few posts on here where the outcome was a faulty battery, certainly a possibility with yours. Let us know how you get on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts