Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, planning on purchasing a 108 Allure 1.2. Presently have a 500 Twinair. The Twinair has a peach of an engine, and can overtake at ease due to its small turbo. On paper the Twianir and 108 1.2 have identical 0-60 figures.
Anyone else moved from a 500 Twinair, or any thoughts from anyone?
The car is for my wife, she is no girl racer, just having owned a car that has legs when required, that ability would be sadly missed.
Going for a test drive today, but test drive is never long enough.
So any input would be appreciated
BTW. Some amazing discounts to be had on this model, 2K off list easily achievable.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have any experience with either of these car as yet but i slowly building my knowledge of the Peugeot 108 and my love for it. :) How was your test drive? How responsive would you say the 108 was to the Twinair?

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
The 500 does have a great engine however I've heard the reliability is not all that great.

How has yours been?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a test drive and was quite underwhelmed. Takes quite a while to build up the speed. Okay when it gets there. The 500, having the turbo, has a marked edge when it comes to overtaking. However, having owned very many Fiats, this has to be the last. I am not risking keeping it beyond the end of the warranty. I have had nothing but grief with my last three Fiat cars.
If I am honest I don't think any of the crop of cars in this class will be able to match the 500 Twinair engine. The only option is the Adam with the 3 cylinder 115BHP engine. However, it costs some three thousand quid more than the 108. The 500 also comes with a 105BHP variety of the Twinair, and it is too expensive.
So decision has still to be made, the 108 offers a lot of car for the money, especially with the almost 2K off list available.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you watch the watchdog program about the new Fiat 500's that were unable to go up hills? lol.

I like the Adam but it's a much bigger car too.

Where are you finding the 2k discounts?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you watch the watchdog program about the new Fiat 500's that were unable to go up hills? lol.

I like the Adam but it's a much bigger car too.

Where are you finding the 2k discounts?

That is the 500 1.2 engine. Fiat fuc..d up with change to engine management systems to meet Euro 6 emissions. Only the 1.2 engine is affected. The Twinair is a different set up, only two cylinders, turbocharged.
We are considering the Adam, but too expensive, interestingly, there is more rear legroom in the 108.
Price wise, I checked out a couple of online brokers. 2.5K off Allure TOP in 5 door guise. Local dealers keen to get my business so are keen to do a deal based on this price. All 1.2 models have at least 2K in them.
Buying from a broker does not bother me, been doing it since the eighties. Went from my home in Central Scotland to the south of England in 1987 to save a fortune on a 205GTi. Best car I have ever owned, had two of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts