Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the first ad for the Peugeot 108 city car. The commercials slogan is "7 universes of personalization."

The commercial seems very focused towards women, and by "seems", I mean that it is totally aimed towards women. It's a pretty good commercial, not really anything special, but it's visually engaging and definitely plays to the demographic that the 108 is targeting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
cool commercial, im sure many women will find that it does a good job at directly targeting them, thanks for posting this

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But don't you think tis a little weird when you see a commercial that is directly targeting you. Its like, "here you go ladies, a car for women." Shouldn't they be able to market the car to all genders and thereby attract even more buyers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I'm not going to borrow any womens clothes when I go to (hopefully) buy one:eek:, or for the test drive I booked for July 1st

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think that this commercial makes the Peugeot 108 appealing to men, or families though? I just feel as though it is very targeted, too targeted. It would make more sense if they at least have another commercial that is targeted towards other demographics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Maybe the adverts for the UK and other countries will be different, it does seem a very short ad for a new launch product.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Also depends on where this ad was initially shown. the number one rule of advertising is if you've seen it, its for you. Except in this cae we were not able to view the advert in its original vector. Targeted advertising is beyond useful in target rich vectors.

For example if this was shown in a homosexual vector it would be tailored to gays. If it was shown during a motocross race it would be skewed to straight males, in this case it was likely aired on a female specific vector hence the focus...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, that all makes sense. It will be interesting to see some other commercials for the 108 and see if Peugeot goes with an entirely different feel to target a different group of consumers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
we'll just have to wait and see.
another thing is that they may even go a bit outside of what their demographic is just for a bit of extra reach and to get some new eyes on the brand, or at the very least just let people know this brand does exist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts