Peugeot 108 Forum banner

Fitting Mud Flaps

23K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  LEM 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have ordered a set of mud flaps today online (Peugeot Originals) and i'm hoping to be able to fit them myself.

I just wanted to know if anyone out their has any experience fitting some on their 108 and if they would let me know if they were easy/difficult to fit. Would it be best to take them to my dealer and get them to fit them?

Any help out there would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 · (Edited)
I have fitted mud flaps to very many cars. Not fitted to a 108 though. Having had a look at them, they come with rivets provided so some drilling must be required. Two holes for the front set, and six for the rear set. Very easy if you know how to use a drill, and have a rivet gun, and know how to use it. The holes have to be drilled accurately, and you only get one attempt at getting it right. The dealer would always be a last resort for me personally.
Likely to put them on the wrong way, and will be fitted by some lowly member of staff.
Sorry to be cynical, just had years of experience of dealing with the muppets employed by many of the car dealerships. I taught myself, actually fitting them to a 205GTi in 1985, you have to start somewhere, and is very satisfying doing it right.
I have posted a link to a set of rears. Fitting kit is shown in image.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-1...11180680-/281603376956?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

#7 ·
It really should be quite easy to do. The flaps can only go on one way, just as PugFan says, check everything twice (measure twice, drill once, old saying).
However, if you have never used a rivet gun before, would advise you to do some trial work with some spares into some spare piece of material.
Also if drilling into the car body, possibly for front ones, cover up the hole with some paint or rust treatment, etc. Dealer probably would not, and rust would soon follow.

#8 ·
the dealer fitted F/R to my allure, they used self tappers and retaining clips. but the rear ones look to small for the alloys, see a lot of tyre, and still getting tailgate filthy. I was wondering if the 107 rear ones fit the 108?. as they are a lot wider.

#18 ·
Rear ones do look okay and as you say, the front ones are a joke. How well do they fit to the bodywork/bumper? Are they a really tight fit? Any small gaps? I bought a fitted set for my Vauxhall Mokka and they were a useless fit. Small gaps between the rubber and bodywork/bumper which would allow small bits of debris to gather leading to scratching of paintwork. Chucked them in the bin, waste of 40 quid.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.