Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
The car, 2014 108 Feline went in for its first service on Friday 11th sept.

We reported a bit of a judder with the clutch.

Told today that the gearbox has been taken out and that the rear crank seal has failed. only done 3500 miles!!!

True to form, the parts are on back order so I wonder when we will get the car back ?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I thought clutch judder was a common thing with Dual Mass Flywheels and was normal? I have this and that was what I was told!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oddly enough, I took mine to pug yesterday to investigate 3 issues:

1. My sunroof was noisy as it closed - they greased the runners and its now fine
2. clutch 'click' as we've discussed before. They said its just a switch being actuated.
3. Difficulty getting the car into reverse gear from time to time. Sometimes I have to force it into gear, certainly it isn't as easy to engage reverse as the forward gears). They tested the car and couldn't find the fault. Must admit that true to form I couldn't make the car do it whilst I was there ad the engineer rather patronisingly told me that 'its a characteristic of peugeot gearboxes and maybe it could also be where the cogs have lined up tooth to tooth". So essentially I have to 'wait and see' and make notes of when it happens and the conditions.

Its due its first service at the end of November so by then I should have a good list of instances...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts