Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you couldn't resist looking at this post from the title?

Well its actually not a rude post but a genuine question:
I've noticed how quickly the rear of my 108 gets dirty almost immediately the first drive after its been cleaned. Especially the rear boot panel.

I figured its a result of the design of the back where the airflow from the rear wheels pushes dust/dirt up the back.

The only slightly annoying thing is that it makes the reversing camera dirty thus obscuring its view :(

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Those look a little too small to do anything, I'd be interested to know if they do work though and will probably buy them for mine if they do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've noticed this too. Right after my first ride from dealer when I got home, the whole back was dirty. Probably the mudflaps will help...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mudflaps or mudguards will help for sure. Poor design tho. This should have been look into during road testing. It could also be contributed by smut build up from exhaust placement.

Cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered that original mudflaps from local Peugeot dealer today.
I will report if they helps... ;)

Price here 25,20€

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had them fitted, the tailgate still gets mucky they are not wide enough, have to look for wider ones. the 107 ones are a lot wider might try them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Going back to the dealership for them to try the 107 rear flaps. I know the service manager so I cant see any problems. will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After you fit the bigger mud flaps, if this doesn't stop smut from building up, I would start to wonder if it's exhaust placement? Or maybe the 108 gives off too much smut?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts