Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if already posted, could not find any mention elsewhere.
Can the radio be turned on with the engine not running? I have the keyless system and cannot get radio on unless I have the engine on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With standard I can switch to first ignition position and head unit will stay ON.

If you push "Start Engine" button once it will start the engine immediatly?

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you press the start stop button without depressing the clutch pedal you will be able to power up the stereo.

You only need press the clutch in to actually start the car (it won't start without the clutch pedal depressed).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly. Its even in the user manual. If you press START/STOP button once - Accesories will be on. If you press second time, engine will start up.

So you can use headunit with first step. But only for about´20-30 minutes. Then BSI will be in sleep mode (economy mode) and you must start the engine...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I could not find it in the manual. Press button without depressing clutch and it comes on.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found it on page 72. Thanks again for the information.

With the electronic key inside the
vehicle ; each press on the "START/
STOP" button, with no action on the
pedals, changes the vehicle's mode :
F First press ("ACC" mode).
The accessories (radio, 12V socket...) can
be used.
F Second press ("ON" mode).
Ignition on.
F T hird press ("OFF" mode).

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Exactly. Its even in the user manual. If you press START/STOP button once - Accesories will be on. If you press second time, engine will start up.

So you can use headunit with first step. But only for about´20-30 minutes. Then BSI will be in sleep mode (economy mode) and you must start the engine...
Who reads the manual anyway ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who reads the manual anyway ;)
Must confess, I do. Downloaded and read it before collection of the car.
Bit of a war cry of mine when someone asks me how to do something. I say "Have you read the manual/instructions.
So I was a bit embarrassed to have missed this information regarding the radio. But the beauty of forums such as this is the willingness of other members to offer help and advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Push button fault

I pressed the push button start switch on with clutch pressed, but it won't start straight away it takes about about 10 presses on button to start up
I have car booked in with dealer, I'm just wondering what's wrong please advice

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I pressed the push button start switch on with clutch pressed, but it won't start straight away it takes about about 10 presses on button to start up
I have car booked in with dealer, I'm just wondering what's wrong please advice
Sorry, cannot help. Our starts first press of the button, so looks like you do have a fault. Could be poor battery state or starter motor, or a whole host of other issues such as ignition and fuel system problem.
Please let us know how you get on, would be interested to know what the dealer does to resolve the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts