Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone's interested I removed the head unit in my C1:

So Removal is pretty simple.

Photos of the HU and surrounding areas:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6mul0qbiqiu6owl/AAD_dbGtbqPfmyA2zq9TH3z0a?dl=0

If you find the picture I have circled.

Pull towards you or use a pry tool to release Green first.

Then move down the side with your pry tool to release blue

Then move down the next side to release purple

RED pay close attention to as they need prying UP with a small screw driver or pry tool LAST..

Dont forget to disconnect the Brown circle to pull the part full away.

Headunit like other forums suggest is a AVH - 7148 Toyota branded. It runs on Linux.

There is a unused connector on the rear of the headunit at the bottom, I assume for rear speakers?

I have the highest spec C1 with all options selected bar Automatic gearbox.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why not dismantle your car? It's good to see what your car is about inside and out. Take the risks and see what your 108 is made of and how its put together.. Gives you more confidence in your car. Plus, the way I see it for cosmetic things you should be able to fixed them yourself!

Cheers!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why not dismantle your car? It's good to see what your car is about inside and out. Take the risks and see what your 108 is made of and how its put together.. Gives you more confidence in your car. Plus, the way I see it for cosmetic things you should be able to fixed them yourself!

Cheers!
Don't get it myself.

I wouldn't buy a new TV and take it home and take it apart - so why would I do that with a new car? Probably the reason why I don't hold a Nobel prize
If something breaks on it I might try to take it apart and fix it, or if I wanted to mod a specific thing like the speakers or lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't get it myself.

I wouldn't buy a new TV and take it home and take it apart - so why would I do that with a new car? Probably the reason why I don't hold a Nobel prize
If something breaks on it I might try to take it apart and fix it, or if I wanted to mod a specific thing like the speakers or lights.
It's interesting you say you wouldn't take the car apart on this thread but on another express interest in swapping springs/shocks for a suspension drop.

Any mod you buy in the future comes about from a guy taking his car to bits and wanting something different ;)

Personally took my car apart to fit deadening, ccf and mlv to the 4doors n boot.

Also to install new speakers an amp and a small sub for the wheel well.

Every car I have ever owned has been in bits because that's the type of person I am >:D

Not for everyone im sure! 2weeks into ownership n the seats are out haha.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ha ha! True about the shocks and springs: but I won't fit then myself 😉

As I said, if you're modding the car yourself you by rights have to take the car apart.

To be fair this is quite a simple car and therefore I imagine not to difficult to work on. Other cars I've owned/own I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for fear of expensive mistakes!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha! True about the shocks and springs: but I won't fit then myself 😉

As I said, if you're modding the car yourself you by rights have to take the car apart.

To be fair this is quite a simple car and therefore I imagine not to difficult to work on. Other cars I've owned/own I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for fear of expensive mistakes!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Love the White btw :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone's interested I removed the head unit in my C1:

So Removal is pretty simple.

Photos of the HU and surrounding areas:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6mul0qbiqiu6owl/AAD_dbGtbqPfmyA2zq9TH3z0a?dl=0

If you find the picture I have circled.

Pull towards you or use a pry tool to release Green first.

Then move down the side with your pry tool to release blue

Then move down the next side to release purple

RED pay close attention to as they need prying UP with a small screw driver or pry tool LAST..

Dont forget to disconnect the Brown circle to pull the part full away.

Headunit like other forums suggest is a AVH - 7148 Toyota branded. It runs on Linux.

There is a unused connector on the rear of the headunit at the bottom, I assume for rear speakers?

I have the highest spec C1 with all options selected bar Automatic gearbox.
Do you have a reversing camera? If so what does the connector look like that goes to the head unit? I'm thinking of getting a C1 but want to swap the head unit for an Alpine iLX-007 and was wondering if I'll need some adaptor for the video feed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That would be awesome if you could get the Alpine hooked up and have Apple CarPlay in your car. Please let me know how you get on with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just spent some time looking into that Alpine HU and it looks fantastic, it seems to work really well too. I hope you can get this working, I don't know where you are but I'll be driving down so you can do mine too!!! hahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have a reversing camera? If so what does the connector look like that goes to the head unit? I'm thinking of getting a C1 but want to swap the head unit for an Alpine iLX-007 and was wondering if I'll need some adaptor for the video feed?
did you find reversing camera connector?

i don't have camera and want to install one, trying to understand if it's should be same as in panasonic (4 pin connector).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Id be interested to see if you managed it, because it doesn't look like a standard connector to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did anyone here fit an android auto device to their car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an Toyota Aygo, took a picture of the back of the head unit back in July 2015 to try and find an Android Auto replacement but never found anything. Might help some of you more experienced guys change the head unit. If anyone manages to successfully install an Android Auto head unit and gets it completely working with the steering controls and camera etc please do share, I'd love to see pictures and stuff! Please and thank you! :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts