Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everyone i've just joined and wanted
to say a big hello to you all
i am thinking about buying a 108 for my partner for christmas
and wanted to know exactly what the 108 is like to use on a daily basis
it will be an auto version that we will buy
i want honest info so i wont be asking the dealership, this is why i've joined the club

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
We use it as a second car and only in the city so we chose for the active with stop and start system , airco, fog lights and dark tined Windows.

If you use it for highway chose the 1.2 engine , and because you use it for daily use i shall take the allure with key less entry and start , rearview camera (Pack city)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Igo and welcome along, your partner is very lucky getting a car for Christmas :)

Hope she's getting you something nice ;) ;)

What will your partner use it for? How many miles will she drive and over what type of roads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just round town driving on A roads and going to work thats all nothing special at the moment she has a toyota aygo hence user name

·
Registered
96 Posts
1st thing the 107 and 108 auto's are not automatic, they are robotic manuals, no clutch pedal and no need to change gear..... but they do drive differently from the older traditional torque convert auto's or the orrible dsg crap from VW/Audi

I shattered my left knee and i have had 3 107 2-tronic and now a 108 2-tronic auto, and can honestly say its the best auto i have ever driven and regularly rally them round the welsh lake roads

BUT you do need to take a good long test drive, in town, on bypass and motorways, do boot the test car about aswell as driving slowly.

make sure you use manual mode and the paddles.. steep hills often need the driver to take over the changes

would have another 108 tomorrow ( my last pre 107/8 car was a 2010 BMW M5 and the 108 is more fun...!)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think either will probably be fine, especially coming from an Aygo so she won't be used to anything too fast anyway.

Just out of interest why are you not getting the new Aygo?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great little car. Superb value for money and IMO a massive step up from the 108/C1/Aygo.

For me its a second car too but without being a compromise on equipment and style.

·
Registered
96 Posts
went from a M5 Touring to a 107 allure 2-tronic and never looked back, we have 2 107's and 1 new 108 top and all main cars.

Mine get hard hard life out in all weathers and driven hard, wife and daughters are my old ones and get easier time will have no hesitation on ordering 2 more 108's in 6 months and 13 months time when lease i up on older 2.

in my opinion new aygo is ugly and over priced. my new top! is £60 cheaper than an new orange aygo x-cite.

£60 over 36 months = £2160 for foglights,alloys and a crap reversing camera, no top canvas roof and no leasing protection plan does not work in my mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts