Peugeot 108 Forum banner

Help please???

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Crunch 
#1 ·
Hello, looking for some advice please! I just picked up my 108 allure 1.2ltr, and I am a bit worried about the shakiness of the car when stationary (chair vibrates beneath me). The engine also seems to be quite loud when pulling away... Is this normal and am I just used to a quieter corsa, or should I query with the dealer?

#2 ·
You definitely have a problem if it is as described. My wife has a 108 TOP 1.2. She previously has a Fiat 500 Twinair (loud engine growl), and before that a Corsa. The 108 is quitter than any of them. The engine note has quite a nice sound, not too quiet, and certainly not loud. Chair vibrations do not happen. Sounds like a loose engine mounting or a suspension problem. Did you buy it new?

#7 ·
Take it to another Peugeot dealer. If that fails you may need to pay for an independent inspection. AA and RAC used to do them, not sure if they still do. Anyway, if the independent inspection highlights a problem then you can make a claim against the supplying dealer for a proper repair, and refund of the inspection costs.
Also might be worth asking the dealer if you can drive another same spec. car to see if it is different. If the same, which I very much doubt, you could be stuck with it!
I would do the latter first, as easy enough for the dealer to let you have a go in a similar car.
Keep us posted on your progress.

#8 ·
Hi,

I also have a 1.2 VTi and there is a slight rumble during idle when the aircon is on. I have been assured that this is normal by the dealership. Personally, I love the louder exhaust as it sounds like this little engine wants to prove itself.

The car should be under warranty and all you need to do is request an inspection form from the dealer clearly stating what the query was and if a fault was identified or not.

Keep that inspection form safely as this is proof in writing that the vehicle is fine. Should anything occur regarding the idle or any problems you have, you have it in writing that the car was taken in for an inspection for the same problem at a much earlier date before something major could have occurred.

If the rubble persists even with the aircon off, I suggest you take it in.

The loud exhaust makes the car sound more masculine therefore I couldn't name my Citroen "Ella"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.