Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chatting to a neighbour the other day and he said he was thinking about brewing his own beer.

It got me thinking I might do the same. Not that I drink loads of beer, just that I wouldn't mind having a stash of my own belgium lager in my garage!

Anyway, I'd have to buy all the gear etc and have no idea what I'm doing.

Does anyone have experience recently (I understand that homebrew tech has improved alot in the last few years)that they can share?
Can I genuinely expect to brew my own leffe style lager?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Years ago I tried it and I couldn't get it to taste nice at all, very hoppy (which I don't like) and also, if you're not careful - very strong!

Lately my brother has been brewing some and we've named it 'non offensive' because it is very easy drinking.

I can find out what he uses, I do know it works out just as much, if not more, than buying it off the shelf in the supermarket ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Pacific

Its not just a cost thing: I quite like the idea of making my own beer, it just sitting in my garage doing its thing...
A bit like growing your own fruit/veg.

But, if you have any tips you can gather that would be great

·
Registered
102 Posts
There are many different methods and micro brewing kits and system that can be used/purchased to assists you in creating your own beer. Youtube can also be a great tool for finding out information on brewing your own brew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts