Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When listening to music via mp3 from phone my 'browse' button isn't displayed so I cannot search for tracks and can only skip forward or backwards through them all.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
96 Posts
When listening to music via mp3 from phone my 'browse' button isn't displayed so I cannot search for tracks and can only skip forward or backwards through them all.

Is this normal?
it depends on what bluetooth features your phone supports. I have a Nokia Lumia windows phone, i can browse playlists/artists/tracks etc.

I get full track names and album art

·
Registered
102 Posts
So it simply comes down to the Bluetooth support features of your phone?? I thought it came down the the software within the cars display? I've had this problem with my iPhone before where I couldn't choose my songs as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So it simply comes down to the Bluetooth support features of your phone?? I thought it came down the the software within the cars display? I've had this problem with my iPhone before where I couldn't choose my songs as well.
the headunit and phone have to support the correct avrcp 1.4 or 1.5 profile

for example my 107 allure has a pioneer bluetooth factory headunit, but its does not support browsing or track id... only hands free phone and a2dp stereo music streaming with prev and next track control

my 108 supports full avrcp as does my nokia lumia so i get all the toys!

:-

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)[edit]
This profile is designed to provide a standard interface to control TVs, Hi-fi equipment, etc. to allow a single remote control (or other device) to control all of the A/V equipment to which a user has access. It may be used in concert with A2DP or VDP.[4] It is commonly used in car navigation systems to control streaming Bluetooth audio.

It also has the possibility for vendor-dependent extensions.

AVRCP has several versions with significantly increasing functionality:

1.0 — Basic remote control commands (play/pause/stop, etc.)
1.3 — all of 1.0 plus metadata and media-player state support
The status of the music source (playing, stopped, etc.)
Metadata information on the track itself (artist, track name, etc.).
1.4 — all of 1.0 and 1.3 plus media browsing capabilities for multiple media players
Browsing and manipulation of multiple players
Browsing of media metadata per media player, including a "Now Playing" list
Basic search capabilities
Support for Absolute volume
1.5 — all of 1.0, 1.3 and 1.4 plus specification corrections and clarifications to absolute volume control, browsing and other features
§

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would you happen to know if the iPhone 6 also supports full avrcp. The my current phone and it would suck if I would be able to change through my songs. I need my music to drive peacefully lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts