Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

From my original post, I wanted to let you all know on my current status on my order.

To give you a bit of a back gound, I signed the finance agreement and "ordered" the car on the 15th of Dec. I had the option to have the 5 door right away ("will be with me inside 10 days") or I would need to order a 3 door (which I really preferred) and it could take up to a month.

I decided that I needed the car sooner than later due to my work commitments and decided to opt for the 5 door. Spoke to the dealer today and he still does not know when it would be here - despite his promise of "here before the end of the month easy"

Down side to waiting so long is that I have been surfing the web excited with my new car coming and have been disappointed to say the least that one of the key selling points is in fact absolutely pointless – the touch screen.

I have an iPhone 6, but understood that older devices will work, but the 6 will not. my problem is now that I can see that from the Google play store the Samsung app as not been updated significantly since 2012 and with the iOS it will not work if you upgrade past iOS7. Which means that either I buy a droid with no software support, or I buy an iphone 4S and hope they do not come with iOS8. I know that apple stop signing updates for 7 a long time ago, and so downgrade is a no go, and I also know that a lot of apps I use will not work with iOS7 now.

This is a topic I know has been put on here a lot, and sorry to go over the same issue again, but I am now really doubtful on my purchase and have decided to approach the citizens advice bureau after speaking to the dealer (whom still does not know when the car is coming)

The dealer has offered to source a Satnav or Samsung S3/S4 for me and is speaking with his manager to see if he can actually do it. but it seems like it’s more of a Band-Aid than a fix.

My question really is that has anyone else come out of an agreement with Peugeot after finding out the software/hardware isn’t as expected? CAB have advised that on the grounds that he did state that an update will come with more devices being supported, but from my investigation the “update” is only for the x-nav system by Toyota and that irrelevant that new devices might be accepted, there is nothing to confirm or deny that the current operating systems and apps will work, meaning YES the iphone 5 now works, but you need to run iOS7 to support it.

I am going to draft my initial complaint and request to terminate the contract and hold fire till after Friday’s catch up with the dealer. If I can get satisfactory answers (in writing) on the screen support I will just hold fire and see what happens, but if not I will issues the request to the finance company (as CAB have advised that as it’s a PCP the finance company is liable and not the dealer under the consumer credit act: Section 56)

Keep you all updated and fingers crossed it all goes well.

James

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think the trouble you'll have is that Peugeot do state which phones are compatible and by all accounts those on the list do work.

If they said yeah the iphone 6 works when it obviously doesn't then you might have an argument.

It is the biggest and possible only gripe with this car. I would say if the mirror screen is a crucial feature for you then you will have issues, if its just a 'nice to have' feature then you'll be fine.

Sorry to here of your delivery woes too, I hope you get that sorted.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
How did your meeting go James? Can I ask what you want to use the mirror screen for? Its just there might be better / easier alternatives out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did your meeting go James? Can I ask what you want to use the mirror screen for? Its just there might be better / easier alternatives out there.
Hi Guys, sorry for the delay.

So I went to the dealer on Friday after emailing all the info I found out. my issue was that, yes the phones that will work with the head unit are clearly advised, but the software that runs on the phones are, for lack of a better word, pants!

the development of the apps from Samsung and Pioneer are terrible, buggy and crash like crazy. they are poorly designed and on older devices struggle due to poor resource management.

anyway I went in and to my surprise he had an iPhone 4S with the dedicated cable updated to IOS 8 and let me have a play (in my own car, as it arrived) the mirror link although buggy works and the other apps I tried (within EC touch) worked ok - crashed a few times, but overall it wasn't too bad. He also mentioned that my car has been updated with the latest update and will work with iPhone5!!

of course there is no cable right now, but when plugging in the standard cable it sees the phone and i get a pop up to launch the app, but then nothing happens - as expected.

The 2 main reasons I wanted the mirror link to work was for Music and Sat Nav. And although many people say that you can plug in via usb and it will work fine (which is correct) I don't actually download or pay for music. I have subscriptions with Deezer and Spotify. EC Touch supports Spotify and that was the main reason I wanted to use the touch screen. Streaming via bluetooth does work, but you have limited control, meaning you can not skip albums or playlists and only forward and back in tracks.

other was to mirror my phone's Satnav and have visual queues as well as audio (again via BT)

it would have been nice to be able to play video as well, but kinda pointless as you can't legally play them while in motion.

but back to the dealer - after running through all of the features we could not get any form of satnav to work (due to poor app development/crashes) as a good will gesture he offered me £100 towards a satnav, to which I have accepted.

He did also mentioned that he has been told that all of the dealers are getting a "dealer letter" with regards to the apps and will forward it on once it comes in - not sure what that means???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the trouble you'll have is that Peugeot do state which phones are compatible and by all accounts those on the list do work.

If they said yeah the iphone 6 works when it obviously doesn't then you might have an argument.

It is the biggest and possible only gripe with this car. I would say if the mirror screen is a crucial feature for you then you will have issues, if its just a 'nice to have' feature then you'll be fine.

Sorry to here of your delivery woes too, I hope you get that sorted.
sorry forgot to mention - They did say that they would cancel the order on the grounds that the app's developed are not fit for purpose, and as the device needs the app to function. but as above, after showing that there is progress, I decided to accept the deal and will hold fire on waiting for the cable/update.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think you've probably made a good choice, even if they could get it to work I fear what would happen when IOS 8.5 or 9 comes out later this year.

Some of the newer Garmins or Tom Toms have bluetooth built in you can link your phone up to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts