Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just signed up to say hello - negotiating with a dealer for a new 108 active at the moment, just busy deciding what I want and letting them sweat over the deal :eek:

Lots of useful info here already thanks, hoping to join in more as and when.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey all,
Just signed up to say hello - negotiating with a dealer for a new 108 active at the moment, just busy deciding what I want and letting them sweat over the deal :eek:

Lots of useful info here already thanks, hoping to join in more as and when.
Buy this month and there is an extra £500 off list. I just negotiated £1845 off list on Allure1.2 TOP. So make sure you push that dealer very hard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The deal above does some very pleasing. I'm sure other deals will be come up in the future, no?
Basically, if you don't ask you don't get. Dealers will always be able to be pushed to give a good level of discount. Some won't, some give a little and some give a lot. You really do have to do your homework. I looked online for the best deal I could get from a broker. I then approached several dealers in and around where I live. All done by e-mail or by phone. Nearest dealer was only offering a few hundred off, dealer about 40 miles away offered to match the best online price I received. Pick the car up on Tuesday.
My advise would be to never accept the first price you are offered, and never walk in to a showroom without a price in your mind of what you believe is achievable. Too many people just accept a price. My brother was seriously shafted by a dealer who actually added £199 admin. fee to the full list price of a car that was supposed to be on a manufacturer's promotion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Basically, if you don't ask you don't get. Dealers will always be able to be pushed to give a good level of discount. Some won't, some give a little and some give a lot. You really do have to do your homework. I looked online for the best deal I could get from a broker. I then approached several dealers in and around where I live. All done by e-mail or by phone. Nearest dealer was only offering a few hundred off, dealer about 40 miles away offered to match the best online price I received. Pick the car up on Tuesday.
My advise would be to never accept the first price you are offered, and never walk in to a showroom without a price in your mind of what you believe is achievable. Too many people just accept a price. My brother was seriously shafted by a dealer who actually added £199 admin. fee to the full list price of a car that was supposed to be on a manufacturer's promotion.
Well done, I think you got a good deal there. I'll have to take you with me next time! ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just picked up the wife's 108 Allure TOP. Not the best of handovers. Still being valeted when I arrived, should have been done yesterday. Scuffing to rear bumper, considered rejecting it but managed to get one of the valet guys to give it a careful polish and it came up okay. Just not happy to have to use vigorous polish to remove a scuff.
Driving home started to rain, no windscreen washer fluid, totally empty. Service booklet PDI section not completed.
PDI, doubtful if it was done.
Basically par for the course with modern car dealerships, get your cash, aftersales very much an afterthought.
Apart from all that, the car drives very well, and feels quite well put together. If only the car could be delivered direct from factory to your home address, cut out the middleman and associated grief.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry to hear about your handover, I hope the dealer manager got a complaint put in.
Would be a waste of my time and energy. Life is too short, I have learned over many years of car buying that most dealers don't give a flying f..k about customer service after they have your cash. Hence the great importance of approaching your new car collection in a methodical manner, i.e.. don't part with the cash until you have examined every part of it, inside and out. Believe me, I could write a book about my car dealing experiences.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just a wee update on my new 108, and lack of any semblance of a PDI. Was driving the car and thought it was a bit out of control on the bends. Got home and checked tyre pressures when they had cooled down, and they were all at 42 PSI. Supposed to be 33 PSI. Fecking dealers are going to kill somebody.
Well done Macklin Motors for such a shoddy service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts