Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debuting with the 108, inside its mirror screen will lurk a targeting weapon exasperatingly named Peugeot Music.

Open to all accessing the internet peugeots web streaming service means to target the young and the hip.

Accessed from a PC, smartphone or tablet, the service proposes playlists designed to reflect the brand's DNA. Among the artists featured are emerging talents as well as more well-known names (Amy Winehouse, Selah Sue, Snow Patrol, Lorde and others).
http://peugeotmusic.com/

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you don't actually think that music streaming is going to be the be all end all for attracting younger consumers. It makes so little sense that these companies think this way.

Its big datas fault, they got a printout that says young people use streaming services, now all of a sudden it is the promised land of attraction. NONSENSE!

·
Registered
185 Posts
They should do some research later to see how many people actually use it and like it, I know I could never just listen to that, I almost always listen to my own music collection

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No its not that people won't use it, its that these companies feel that these are the be all end all features of attracting young clientele. How about value, perhaps quality? Enjoyment, does that mean something to someone, how about engagement? and no bluetooth pairing/streaming music does not make for an engaging experience...

I am a young person and I'm sick of being told this is what I wanted. Who asked?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with that, value is where it's at, if they can make a cheap vehicle that provides great value and is cool, young people and just about anyone would want it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm constantly vexed at being told that as a young person I don't want a car becasue it's a car, I want it because its a mobile accessory with XYZ farkles and of course the ability to social mediaize from my own pilots position! This is downright foolish.

I want cars because they're cars, I want motorbikes because they're motorbikes, I want food because its food, I want her because she's her... See the pattern...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Automakers realized a while ago that young people like music and ever since they have been using that info to try to attract young people. I don't know if having a music service is going to get me to buy car though. I already have music services and I can always install an aftermarket audio system. Good try though Peugeot.

And why would I want to listen only to music that reflects the Peugeot brand?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Automakers realized a while ago that young people like music and ever since they have been using that info to try to attract young people. I don't know if having a music service is going to get me to buy car though. I already have music services and I can always install an aftermarket audio system. Good try though Peugeot.

And why would I want to listen only to music that reflects the Peugeot brand?
it may not appeal to you but it seems like when it comes to the majority thats what they like so that is what they will have to go with

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just think of all those commercials that show a bunch of young people driving around in a car listening to whatever the flavour of the month song is. Effective advertising, but not really quality advertising.

I wish that they'd focus a bit more on what the car looks like than how great the song is that is playing in the background.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts