Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Peugeot 108 commercial features alt rock songstress Lykke Li and her song 'Gunshot'. Beyond that it shows her driving around in the Peugeot 108 and meeting up with some male model in a huge garage with only a Peugeot 108 in it. Seems like the kind of car commercial I would expect to see play during movie previews. Nothing too special, but a solid job IMO.

And here is the behind the scenes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hashtag awful!
What's so bad about it? It's hardly the first time a musician and a song have been co-opted in order to sell a vehicle. Did you like the first advertisement that they came out with for the Peugeot 108 better?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the first time that automakers have matched a song and a car together. I remember hearing Janelle Monae sell my a Chevy Cruze at the movie theater for a while.

·
Registered
46 Posts
...The song grows on you :/ I hated this at first... but now it draws me closer to the screen in a very weird way :/

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that Peugeot recruiting Lykkie shows that they are aiming for a pretty young demographic. older folks probably don't know who she is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's good they're doing that, good to see they're really trying to target a specific demographic rather than go very broad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts