Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for a decent set of tyres?

The one we've bought must have had a puncture at some point so they've got mixed fronts with different wear which I don't like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Original Continental tyres on ours and not wearing as well I would have hoped. 9500 miles and front pair look to be good for only a few thousand more miles. Car has actually travelled 13000 miles but had winter tyres on last winter and covered 3500 miles on them.
I would expect any decent set of tyres to last at least 20K on the front of such a small car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would I, especially if you're switching to winters.

Have you switched to winters again?

Can you rotate the tyres so that the fronts go onto the rears?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Original Continental tyres on ours and not wearing as well I would have hoped. 9500 miles and front pair look to be good for only a few thousand more miles. Car has actually travelled 13000 miles but had winter tyres on last winter and covered 3500 miles on them.
I would expect any decent set of tyres to last at least 20K on the front of such a small car.
Have you been racing people off the traffic lights ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have you been racing people off the traffic lights ;)
No, the car is driven by my wife and she is a very careful and thoughtful driver. I do rotate the wheel/tyres every time I add or remove my winter wheels/tyres. Put winters on last week, temperatures here have been hovering around the zero mark. I drive my cars much more aggressively and my tyres are lasting much longer. Tend to find the non premium tyres last longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts